Author Topic: M-Audio Firewire 410 Control Panel Not Visible  (Read 20797 times)

Offline Mardeec

• Enthusiast Member (25+ Posts)
Re: M-Audio Firewire 410 Control Panel Not Visible
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2020, 07:36:18 AM »
Was Marty ever able get info like (or similar to) Dan’s
to report: bootloader, firmware and hardware info that…

In a word, no.  In all my OS9 install attempts, the Bootloader and Firmware fields were always blank.  Hardware model and version values were always zero. 

I did test the FW connections on the Mac with a FW videocassette recorder, and it was recognized, suggesting the FW port and cable were good.

When I installed the FW410 on Windows XP and OS 10.4.11, the Bootloader, Firmware, and Hardware fields were populated.  I don't think I made a note of those values...I'll have to check.  Would it help to know them, even if they're not coming from an OS9 installation?

Offline Andre Solomko

• new to the forums
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2020, 03:48:02 PM »
Yes, I have similar thing . Bootloader firmware fileld is blank. OMS is right and QT is 6.0.3 -actually no difference. FW controller works. Red dot thing doesn't matter anyhow.

Offline Andre Solomko

• new to the forums
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2020, 03:59:27 PM »
So In high Sierra is shows firmware 2007-05-04 and at your picture is different. So firmware concept il correct? But where  DAN's picture is taken? And if I dare to ask who is  Dan
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 04:27:23 PM by Andre Solomko »

Offline FdB

• Platinum Member (500+ Posts)
  • And then...
M-Audio FW 410 EPROM?
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2020, 02:44:56 PM »
Anyone recognize or suspect a re-programmable EPROM or PROM chip on this M-Audio Firewire 410? (Large image file attached.)

And for those who might simply not have already had enough fun with this little repetitive hair-puller, here’s another thread dealing with the closely related and very similar M-Audio Audiophile Firewire unit:
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=3471.0

“The floggings will continue until morale improves.”
This Must Be The Place