Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apple DVD Player  (Read 42 times)

MigMac

• Project Patron
  • 64 MB
Apple DVD Player
« on: Yesterday at 06:25:54 AM »

naive question, is there a way other than a complete reinstall to just reinstall the DVD Player.

On one volume it works fine. On the other I get an error message: "...can't find the software it needs, reinstall blah blah error 201"

I've checked and enabled all the relevant DVD extensions, to no avail.

If I compared with the volume on which it works: I see two differences, several DVD related extensions are in French, there are lots of ATI extensions which are not present in the other volume whether in French, English or Martian :)

Both are MacOS9.2.1

additional info:

The OS9 volume on which the Player functions wasn't set by me, it came as it is with the G3 I purchased

The OS9 partition/volume on which it doesn't work is the contents of a UTM Disk I transferred. Except for that DVD issue, it runs smoothly: Apple Audio Player, Soundjam, internet related apps, others (so far) = OK

It's not a tragic issue, when/if I want to play a DVD I'll just boot from the proper volume, it's just that I don't like it when things don't work when they should !!!  :P
On MacOS Sonoma (Macbook Air, M3 chip). OS9 on emulators: MacOS9 App, Sheepshaver, UTM. Now a happy owner of a Pismo 400.

MigMac

• Project Patron
  • 64 MB
Re: Apple DVD Player
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 11:48:13 AM »

...or if someone has enough knowledge/experience and time !!! Maybe I could get a list of the required files for the DVD Player to function with a G3 Pismo? I could transfer them manually from one system folder to the other... I guess one or more ATI extensions are necessary.
On MacOS Sonoma (Macbook Air, M3 chip). OS9 on emulators: MacOS9 App, Sheepshaver, UTM. Now a happy owner of a Pismo 400.

MigMac

• Project Patron
  • 64 MB
Re: Apple DVD Player
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:43:48 PM »

Fixed. Added the relevant ATI extensions from the Install&Drag .iso made by MacOS9Lives. Thank you people, a truly helpful download.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent Topics