Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FirstClass  (Read 277 times)

MigMac

• Project Patron
  • 32 MB
FirstClass
« on: September 29, 2024, 07:20:17 PM »

Does anyone know of FirstClass servers that are still online/active these days?
Marisa's "macos.retro-os.live" seems to be down these days, there's also SoftArc with not much to explore. I've tried a few edu servers addies but it looks like those are long gone.

I'd love to know, I find the concept/interface interesting.
On MacOSX Sonoma (Macbook Air, M3 chip). Using OS9 with Sheepshaver, and now UTM !

Knezzen

• Staff Member
  • 1024 MB
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
Re: FirstClass
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2024, 11:48:23 PM »

Not that I know of. Never was a big fan of FirstClass so I never really investigated public servers.
Pro Tools addict and staff member at Mac OS 9 Lives!, System 7 Today and Macintosh Garden.

Bolkonskij

• Staff Member
  • 256 MB
    • Cornica.org
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2024, 02:46:01 AM »

Note aware of any other than MarisaG's either. Other than Knezzen I tend to like it  ;D it's such a nice software for use on 68k Macs like my IIci.

MigMac

• Project Patron
  • 32 MB
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2024, 03:13:09 AM »

Note aware of any other than MarisaG's either.

and the server seems to be down. Since this morning I only get error messages though I didn't change anything in the settings. Maybe it's temporary or you can no longer login for free (on the http page you can register for life for a modest 10 bucks contribution) or much worse she took it down :(

I like the concept and the interface. Much better than the rather austere BBS (well, many of them)
On MacOSX Sonoma (Macbook Air, M3 chip). Using OS9 with Sheepshaver, and now UTM !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent Topics