Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what's the BEST solution/setup for who want use TDM with OS9  (Read 350 times)

macmickey

• Newcomer

Hi all  :)

I want open this thread to best know, what's the best setup for who want use the old Mix24 or HD under OS9 and with Macs are the best to use (e.s if Digital Audio or Mirrored etc)

what's your experiences?

thx in advance!

Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
Re: what's the BEST solution/setup for who want use TDM with OS9
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2024, 07:44:32 AM »

Never used HD hardware under OS9, but the MIX stuff are readily available and cheap still. Plenty of interfaces to go around. I think it's a case of what you stumble upon, more or less.
Pro Tools addict and admin at Mac OS 9 Lives!, System 7 Today and Macintosh Garden.

Architecture

• Enthusiast Member
  • SCSI Hardware Sampler Junkie
Re: what's the BEST solution/setup for who want use TDM with OS9
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2024, 04:54:51 AM »

Hi all  :)

I want open this thread to best know, what's the best setup for who want use the old Mix24 or HD under OS9 and with Macs are the best to use (e.s if Digital Audio or Mirrored etc)

what's your experiences?

thx in advance!

Currently on this rabbit hole so I can give you a 2024 perspective.

ProTools 5.1 seems to be the sweet spot for not only Pro Tools Mix but also other applications that run off of TDM Plugins like Bias Peak and Logic 5/6. DAE 5.1.3 broke audio suite support on everything but Pro Tools on my end. Rolling DAE back to 5.1 fixed most of my lingering issues with the setup.

Doing a whole series of videos on my channel regarding my experience with the setup and showcasing how it works in other DAW environments so the next person who tries to put together one of these setups can have an easier time than I did. So far it’s been more than worth the effort to get it up and running.
PowerMac G4 MDD (1.25 Dual). 2GB Ram, GeForce Ti 4600 Mac. 3x RME Digiface paired to 2x Ferrofish A32s. Seritek 1SE2 external SATA setup.

Power Mac G4 MDD (1.42 Dual) FW800 Modified for Mac OS9. 2GB Ram, Radeon GPU (32MB) Pro Tools MIX TDM (3 MIX farm with 1 DSP Farm) with Magma 13 PCI Expander. Homebrew SATA SIL3112 Card (Still working out bugs)

PowerMac G4 2002 Quicksilver and Powerbook G3 for SCSI applications.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent Topics