Author Topic: USB Overdrive and mouse--just moves left/right?  (Read 5689 times)

Offline torvan

• Veteran Member
  • Old School
USB Overdrive and mouse--just moves left/right?
« on: November 10, 2016, 12:37:42 PM »
Installed USB Overdrive 1.4 on my QS 733 (1.5GB RAM, 1 TB SATA, Radeon 9000 Pro) and am using a Kensington Wireless Mouse for Life I got for only $3 at a local store.

Without USB Overdrive, it works like a normal mouse should. If I install it and reboot, it works as it should until USB Overdrive loads--then wherever the mouse is on the screen, I can only move left and right from that point in a perfectly horizontal line. I reset and boot sans extensions, and the mouse works as it should. Trash USB Overdrive, and it works as it should.

I'd really like to use it as I like the wheel and right click functionality.
15 Macs (13 of them ranging from an SE to a MDD), 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 Hackintosh. Small house getting smaller with each Mac. . . . .  .Husband shakes his head but supports my habit.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: USB Overdrive and mouse--just moves left/right?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 02:57:07 PM »
maybe remove the specific device driver?
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline torvan

• Veteran Member
  • Old School
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 02:04:59 AM »
maybe remove the specific device driver?

I removed USBOverdrive. The mouse does not have a specific driver for it. You just plug it in and it works.

But I would like to have that functionality that USBOverdrive does have.
15 Macs (13 of them ranging from an SE to a MDD), 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 Hackintosh. Small house getting smaller with each Mac. . . . .  .Husband shakes his head but supports my habit.

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 07:00:37 AM »
This was solved in the past. You should do a forum search before ask.

... You have to change some of the USB overdrive settings and your mouse will work correctly again. ( Speed settings, IIRC )
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline torvan

• Veteran Member
  • Old School
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 05:11:42 PM »
I did a forum search and it did not come up with my issue. That is why I am posting it.

I cannot even change any of the settings because it will not let me move the mouse except horizontally, and when I boot with Extensions Off, the USB Overdrive will not even load.

So it is like running in a circle.

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 05:44:37 PM »
Use a different mouse to change the settingsā€¦

Offline torvan

• Veteran Member
  • Old School
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 06:06:44 PM »
Just USB on the 733. No ADB available at all. Sure, I have a single button mouse, so I have tried changing the settings, but it made no difference at all.

So I give up.