Author Topic: Sound Jam & Audion Skins  (Read 9298 times)

Offline Roman & Vika

• Valued Member (10+ Posts)
  • new to the forums
Sound Jam & Audion Skins
« on: January 15, 2016, 10:32:44 PM »
Where's the best place to find skins for the above mentioned MP3 players? They are very full functioned with built in alarm clocks & editors etc.

Offline Mat

• Platinum Member (500+ Posts)
Re: Sound Jam & Audion Skins
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 04:07:03 PM »
A quick search showed me that most places are gone in the meantime. Even the original Panic site is not in the Internet Archive, ...
It is a pity that such informations and software is dissapearing over the years. Sometimes I start to feel like an archivist who has to save the last few snippets.

I have a few skins for Audion installed:

AudionEgg, Clean, Quicksilver Audio Mega, Vertical Player, basic 1.o, HAL 2002, RackAmp, DfACE, Pure 1.0

Offline Roman & Vika

• new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 07:10:40 PM »
I see how one could become similar to an activist. OS9 is like a hidden treasure. My BF Roman is getting into it also now. haha. I may never get another turn. Thanks for your reply!

Offline Mat

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 12:21:41 PM »
Would an archivist who is collecting and saving software for Mac OS 9 be automatically an activist? ;) perhaps, ...

Here is a screenshot of my favourite Audion skin "RackAmp":

Offline Roman & Vika

• new to the forums
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 01:38:05 AM »
I like it. I haven't seen that one. Is there some place i can download it?  :)

Offline Mat

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 04:07:38 PM »
OK, I found an folder with several further faces for Audion. Here are all 27 faces I got. Most of them as original downloads (sit.bin) a few repacked by me.
EDIT: it´s totally wired, I could´nt upload a packed folder with all the 27 files inside (tried it with different webbrowsers at different OSs), it is 10,9 MB in size, perhaps DieHard can have a look at the forum software? I would appreciate to upload a singel file, instead of 27 ones ;)

These are:

Assent
AudionDock
AudionEgg
A V Display
basic
coolSilver
cPlatinum
dface
Display
Flat Screen
GlassPill
HAL 2002
Onkyo Integra
Onkyo Integra FX
OTONE
paqualizer
pop-up
Pure
Quicksilver Audio Mega
rackamp
SlimSimple
Tab
tcClean
Ti2
Vertical Player
vumeter
Y-BONE
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 04:24:29 PM by Mat »

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 10:23:30 PM »

Audion http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/audion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audion_%28software%29

http://panic.com/extras/audionstory/ True story of Audion

Mat, THANKS!

EDIT: it´s totally wired, I could´nt upload a packed folder with all the 27 files inside (tried it with different webbrowsers at different OSs), it is 10,9 MB in size, perhaps DieHard can have a look at the forum software? I would appreciate to upload a singel file, instead of 27 ones ;)

We have a 10 MB limit . You could have done a pair of post for including them in 2 files/packs, but individuals will make us an statistic on what is the favourite for our users too.

Again, thank you!
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Mat

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 10:41:11 PM »
We have a 10 MB limit . You could have done a pair of post for including them in 2 files/packs,
Arrgh! At posting the forum is telling about a limit of 64MB. Please change the one or the other. ;)

but individuals will make us an statistic on what is the favourite for our users too.
I had the same thought, but as users do not know what they will get, they will try them all. The name is no real help for a decision.
Or somebody is making screenshots of every "face". But I am too lazy for it right now.

And what do the two numbers behind the filezie mean? Like at the first attachement "assent.sit.bin (91.5 kB, 65x115 - viewed 27 times.)". Does the "65x115" mean the forum software handles the files as pictures? That would fit to the "vied xy times" what sounds like the views of the thread instead of the download count. But why are some nevertheless counted as "downloads", ... ?

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 11:34:01 PM »
After reading (and enjoy) https://panic.com/extras/audionstory/ I think every skin for Audion/SoundJam should be preserved.

I have to check if Audion sounds better than Sound Jam as Steve Jobs himself realized!
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Roman & Vika

• new to the forums
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 05:26:14 PM »
Wow, u guys are super helpful!! Thank you!! In reading the history I like Steve's email where he simply says, "Any interest in throwing in with us at Apple?" Seems so casual! lol

Thanks again!!

Offline IIO

• just a number
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 10:17:43 AM »
Would an archivist who is collecting and saving software for Mac OS 9 be automatically an activist?

i think to become an activist you must also create software. :)

but seriously, using computers and making sofware and music are almost the only things i do which do not count as "activism" - and i believe it is the healthier half of my life.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 11:37:42 AM »
Would an archivist who is collecting and saving software for Mac OS 9 be automatically an activist?

i think to become an activist you must also create software. :)

but seriously, using computers and making sofware and music are almost the only things i do which do not count as "activism" - and i believe it is the healthier half of my life.
I don't consider myself an activist. More like an archivist.  ;D . We are Mac OS 9 activist anyway!

I would love to learn MAX, but for now, I am more interested in what Applescript can do for a user in Mac OS 9. But for sure we need lots of deep post about codewarrior/MAX/AppleScript/you name it.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4