Author Topic: Oh no!!!!  (Read 3169 times)

Offline JHT7791

• Mac user since 1989......
Oh no!!!!
« on: May 28, 2015, 10:19:53 PM »
 Hello Members,I'm curious to find out? I I'm not sure but I believe that Apple has "NUKED" their old "older software downloads" page from the Internet.This is a disaster for all of us that used to depend on it to find stuff we occasionally needed to download for our machines! I just recently went looking for it and could not find it anywhere.I did not use it very much but I was glad to know it was there to find information or an odd piece of system software whenever it came up.Does anyone know if maybe that software was archived anywhere else on the web?? I've heard that some university archives contain alot of old Apple software but I don't know which institutions or where.There was so much stuff and downloads at that site......this is a real loss,I'm a little late on this one someone else has probably posted about this a long while back.........
JT

Online IIO

• Platinum Member (500+ Posts)
  • just a number
Re: Oh no!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 06:20:18 AM »
you will find some of the things on the net, but not all. and of course you wont find a 1:1 mirror with the original structure, like it was on the apple ftp 10 years ago (where you could download OS7.1 and various incremental updates such as for quicktime)

what i miss most is all the old development kits, it seems to be impossible to find them back. :)
insert arbitrary signature here

supernova777

Re: Oh no!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 09:08:32 AM »
JHT7791
what exactly are u looking for..
alot of us have ways to find these things
if u would just be specific