Author Topic: RME digi96/8 PAD + PST  (Read 9551 times)

supernova777

RME digi96/8 PAD + PST
« on: September 29, 2014, 01:10:20 PM »

two models of DIGI96/8 cards : PST version & PAD version
*** caution is urged if using with a powermac g5.. 50% are compatible 50% arent but the ones that arent can damage your g5 + card  so its wise to avoid using this with a g5

DIGI96/8 PST is the ultimate audio interface for Mac and PC. The combination of DIGI96/8 and DIGI96/8 PAD offers a versatile connection to any equipment. And you won't miss anything: its digital I/O is AES/EBU compatible, the analog I/O blasts away many external (and expensive) converters.

RME's unique Bitclock PLL has become reference. Whatever you do with your ADAT®: DIGI96/8 stays locked and will not loose a sample! Professionals will enjoy to change the Emphasis bit, and play back encoded AC-3 streams that are compatible to every AC-3 decoder by setting the Non-Audio bit.

The optional Expansion Boards (EXB) turn the DIGI96/8 PST into a fully analog version, with 4 or 8 analog inputs and outputs in exceptional quality. The optional Word Clock Module (WCM) adds word clock input and output, a unique test and 'house clock' mode. And our latest TDIF Expansion (TEB) lets you use the card as TDIF interface as well.

Last but not least: The DIGI96 series includes DIGICheck, the ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool!

The DIGI96 series offers drivers for Windows 95/98 (MME, multi-DirectSound, ASIO 2.0, GSIF, DS/MME/ASIO/GSIF multi-client operation), Windows NT (MME with multi-client operation, ASIO 2.0), Windows 2000/XP (MME, ASIO 2.0, GSIF, MME/ASIO/GSIF multi-client operation), MacOS (Sound Manager and ASIO 2.0) and Linux (OSS and ALSA.)

expansion board - INPUT - 2 models - 4 channel (AEB4-I, mono TRS) or 8 channel (AEB8-I, stereo TRS)
converts analog signals to be input via digital ADAT
http://www.rme-audio.de/old/english/aeb/aeb48i.htm

expansion boards - OUTPUT - 2 models - 4 channel (AEB4-O, mono TRS) or 8 channel (AEB8-O, stereo TRS)
converts digital signals to be output as analog via TRS output jacks
http://www.rme-audio.de/old/english/aeb/aeb48o.htm

expansion boards - WORD CLOCK - 1 model - WCM MKII
http://www.rme-audio.de/old/english/digi96/wcm.htm
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 03:25:37 PM by chrisNova777 »

supernova777

Re: RME digi96/8 PAD + PST
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 12:19:04 PM »
arjen is going to upload the mac manual here, right Arjen??  ;D

Offline arjen_1

• Gold Member (200+ Posts)
  • Mac Midi & Audio Aficionado
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 01:37:47 PM »
I guess you missed this one......http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=1759.0
See the download in my last message. With my remark "see for yourself" I meant....in the uploaded manual. LOL  8)
Powermac g4 933mhz quicksilver

supernova777

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 04:47:40 PM »
ok here i will upload it then;) to have it in the right thread

remember my "drivers compilation" idea?
i have begin working on this..
so far its 40mb of drives for mostly pci + usb audio interfaces

if any of u already have a directory full of unstuffed + ready to isntall drivers
if u could package yoru directory full of drivers and upload for me to add to the compilation
id like to eventually get one master "drivers CD" put together that has virtually eevry driver
for audio hardware all on one cd ..

supernova777

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 03:48:33 AM »

WOWWWWWW
just realized
with this card..
i can just run the ADAT out from the RME directly into my DIGI 001's ADAT input on the pci card... or the ADAT input of my Motu 2408!!!

i thought i had to buy another adat-analog converter box to do this but i can just go straight digital into these other interfaces

insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kinda freaking out excited;)

8 channels of pristine RME Output ;D ;D helllllllls yea

but this also means rearranging my macs to be side by side somehow. hmm
theres always some other pain in the ass ;D

is there a limit to TOSLINK cable length?

TOSLINK cables are usually limited to 5 meters in length , with a technical maximum[1] of 10 meters, for reliable transmission without the use of a signal booster or a repeater. However, it is very common for interfaces on newer consumer electronics (satellite receivers and PCs with optical outputs) to easily run over 30 meters on even low-cost (0.82 USD/m 2009) TOSLINK cables. TOSLINK transmitters operate at a nominal optical wavelength of 650 nm (~461.2 THz). -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOSLINK
yep! hmm where the hell can i find a toslink of 6-8 meter length...

supernova777

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 09:07:37 AM »
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=41339

heres a thread on exactly this combo.. the rme 96/8 + digi 001 combination seems to be a win!

Offline Briggs

• new to the forums
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 12:35:46 PM »
Has this not been the ultimate setup combo that you have found thusfar SN?  ??? I just ordered my G4 tower and am now shopping around for the best AI possible...Appreciate your time

[Welcome to Our Community - Guidelines, News, & Social Posts] Retro Computing Enthusiasts are Masochists by Bolkonskij Today at 02:12:06 AM
[HELP BOARD ! Installing & Troubleshooting the Classic Mac OS] Does Mac OS 9 support the Apple SuperDrive? by GaryN Yesterday at 09:16:06 PM
[Storage] I Test SATA PCI Adapters So You Don't Have To - Mac PCI SATA Card Roundup by refinery Yesterday at 04:10:39 PM
[Hacking the System, Mac OS 9.3, and Beyond !] Boot without the "Mac OS 9 Drivers" by vaccinemedia Yesterday at 02:27:00 PM
[Mac OS 9 on Unsupported Hardware] Installing MacOS9 HDD drivers using terminal in OS X by caver01 Yesterday at 08:00:45 AM
[Sampler Software, Sample CDs, & Sample Libaries] GALLERY software - EOS Browser & EMU FileAssistant by Syn-Fi Yesterday at 05:47:00 AM
[Community Marketplace] Wanted :: Pro tools Hd compatible with Os9 (uk) by Syn-Fi Yesterday at 02:32:53 AM
[Video Cards, Monitors & Displays] Mac Mini G4 - OS 9 & 10.5 Compatible Touch Pannel - Does it Exist? by SabithaSuki March 27, 2024, 08:54:08 PM
[Mac OS 9 on Unsupported Hardware] Mac OS 9 booting on: Mac mini G4 (Detailed Posts) by bamdad March 27, 2024, 08:05:12 PM
[HELP BOARD ! Installing & Troubleshooting the Classic Mac OS] BlueBox in Mac OS X DP2 by zsn0w March 27, 2024, 12:39:08 PM
[Welcome to Our Community - Guidelines, News, & Social Posts] Thoughts on the future of Mac OS 9 Lives by Knezzen March 27, 2024, 08:40:21 AM
[Internet & Communications] Globaltalk (MARCHintosh project) by Bolkonskij March 27, 2024, 06:56:10 AM