Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Akai S series and Zip disks  (Read 754 times)

wayneh69

Re: Akai S series and Zip disks
« Reply #20 on: Today at 10:25:08 AM »

Thanks - I think I have it! (At least as far as Zip disks go...)

If I have Iomega tools running, once I insert the Zip disk into the drive it sees the disk and tags it as an unknown format. For whatever reason this in turn stops OS 9 from showing the  unrecognised disk format screen, and I can open MESA and see the contents of the disk from the MESA "Disk" window.

A bit clunky and the sequencing of turning everything on and inserting disks is important, but once it's up and running MESA works like a charm!

Now I'm off to lie down...

Architecture

• Enthusiast Member
  • SCSI Hardware Sampler Junkie
Re: Akai S series and Zip disks
« Reply #21 on: Today at 10:30:41 AM »

Thanks - I think I have it! (At least as far as Zip disks go...)

If I have Iomega tools running, once I insert the Zip disk into the drive it sees the disk and tags it as an unknown format. For whatever reason this in turn stops OS 9 from showing the  unrecognised disk format screen, and I can open MESA and see the contents of the disk from the MESA "Disk" window.

A bit clunky and the sequencing of turning everything on and inserting disks is important, but once it's up and running MESA works like a charm!

Now I'm off to lie down...

Disabling Iomega tools is definitely important to do while using it this way. Glad it was that simple. Once you get the hang of it, it will become second nature.
PowerMac G4 MDD (1.25 Dual). 2GB Ram, GeForce Ti 4600 Mac. 3x RME Digiface paired to 2x Ferrofish A32s. Seritek 1SE2 external SATA setup.

Power Mac G4 MDD (1.42 Dual) FW800 Modified for Mac OS9. 2GB Ram, Radeon GPU (32MB) Pro Tools MIX TDM (3 MIX farm with 1 DSP Farm) with Magma 13 PCI Expander. Homebrew SATA SIL3112 Card (Still working out bugs)

PowerMac G4 2002 Quicksilver and Powerbook G3 for SCSI applications.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent Topics