Welcome Board (Our Community, News, Mac OS Installation Help, Marketplace) > HELP BOARD ! Installing & Troubleshooting the Classic Mac OS

Power Mac G4 Chart - for comparing models (CPU | Cache | etc)

<< < (7/8) > >>

DieHard:
 :) Happy computing

MacOS Plus:
  Hey, MacTron, I think there's one minor typo in your CPU chart.  In the MDD 2003 dual CPU, the second CPU speed rating says 1.24 instead of 1.25.  Are all the MDD and xServe CPU modules technically interchangeable?  (Keeping in mind the bus speed, of course, and alternate heatsinks required in the xServe too.)  I know the compact Sonnet unit fits both.

MacTron:

--- Quote from: MacOS Plus on February 06, 2016, 03:29:34 PM ---  Hey, MacTron, I think there's one minor typo in your CPU chart.  In the MDD 2003 dual CPU, the second CPU speed rating says 1.24 instead of 1.25.

--- End quote ---
OK thank you.

--- Quote ---  Are all the MDD and xServe CPU modules technically interchangeable?  (Keeping in mind the bus speed, of course, and alternate heatsinks required in the xServe too.)  I know the compact Sonnet unit fits both.

--- End quote ---
Yes, the MDD and xServe CPU modules are fully interchangeable. In fact the xServe G4@1333 single, is my favourite for MDD, Because being single, it runs cooler and have 2Mb of L3 caché, I have two happily running at 1.5 Ghz ;)
Do a search about all of this, if you like.

Xeon3D:
But are the XServe Slotloading cpu boards swappable with the ones in a 2003 (The OS9 reedition) Single 1.25GHz MDD?

I'm looking to buy one (if you know someone or some shop in Europe that does sell them please advise), but I also have no idea on what to do regarding the Cooling, so if you have any pointers, they'd be most appreciated.

DieHard:
Apple Xserve G4/1.33 (Slot Load)
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/xserve/specs/xserve_g4_1.33.html

As Mactron mentioned, the CPU Board works 100% compatible.  I use the stock cooler and it runs fine. I have 4 MDDs all running the 1.33 singles. I recommend if you are using OS9 only to use this model that is a single (it runs cooler).  If you are running OSX also then go for the:
Apple Xserve G4/1.33 DP (Slot Load)
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/xserve/specs/xserve_g4_1.33_dp.html

If you go DP then purchase a Copper Cooler for the MDD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version