Classic Mac OS Software (Discussions on Applications) > Browsers, FTP, & Remote Control

Classilla 9.3.3! New version October 2014!

<< < (4/4)

Roman323:

--- Quote from: GaryN on March 29, 2021, 02:09:32 PM ---It would seem the main change is the ability to link Crypto Ancienne in order to gain TLS 1.2 support. It will do native OS9 users no good however because it involves running the two simultaneously in order to use Crypto Ancienne as a TLS proxy. That cannot happen under OS9's cooperative multitasking. That makes it usable (for us) only in Classic.

The BIG news is that Cameron Kaiser is finally throwing in the towel as a one-man browser developer. He posted a long, detailed explanation on the 10-4 Dev blog explaining the reasons. He left out one, which is that there are only 24 hours in a day, he has a real job and he would really prefer to stay married to his wife. So 10-4-Fox is also EOL. There will be other discussion on that, I'm sure.

--- End quote ---

I want a crack at Crypto Ancienne. I know my PB G4 can compile using CodeWarrior 7.1 and the toolkits per instructions from Kaiser. but there is another method. One that involves running Linux as a Proxy server under the proxy server software: Browservice. it is designed to allow older browsers, including OS 9 to browse the internet. According to the developer, sound will come in a later version.

Do a search for Browservice. It was real easy to set up and Classila, IE5.1.7 runs it like a charm. You type in the URL bar: http://your ip address: port - then another search bar appears under it which then translates from the proxy. I was able to go to Wikipedia, and other sites. Its pretty nifty, but I am still going to tackle TLS 1.2 under classila. I have all the toolkits and codewarrior to do it.

Roman323:

--- Quote from: GaryN on March 29, 2021, 02:09:32 PM ---It would seem the main change is the ability to link Crypto Ancienne in order to gain TLS 1.2 support. It will do native OS9 users no good however because it involves running the two simultaneously in order to use Crypto Ancienne as a TLS proxy. That cannot happen under OS9's cooperative multitasking. That makes it usable (for us) only in Classic.

The BIG news is that Cameron Kaiser is finally throwing in the towel as a one-man browser developer. He posted a long, detailed explanation on the 10-4 Dev blog explaining the reasons. He left out one, which is that there are only 24 hours in a day, he has a real job and he would really prefer to stay married to his wife. So 10-4-Fox is also EOL. There will be other discussion on that, I'm sure.

--- End quote ---

Over at the macrumors OS 9 forum and PPC Forum, many are at work trying to keep TenFourFox going. Even some, like me are looking into classila and Crypto Ancienne.

Roman323:

--- Quote from: teroyk on March 30, 2021, 11:10:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: Protools5LEGuy on March 30, 2021, 10:57:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: teroyk on March 30, 2021, 02:16:05 AM ---Version 9.3.4b.
With Tenon Power MachTen it support TSL 1.2, but can somebody say how to buy Power MachTen? I have emailed, but no answer.

--- End quote ---
https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/machten-4

--- End quote ---

But still needed activation code.

--- End quote ---

Activation code works - the 2nd to 3rd comment from below on the site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version