Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Bar  (Read 120 times)

MigMac

• Project Patron
  • 64 MB
Sound Bar
« on: October 24, 2024, 04:32:06 AM »

I'd love to listen to music from my Pismo while tinkering and customizing it.

Any good soundbar (with decent bass rendering) I could plug via USB or the audio port (mini-jack) ?

Thanks
On MacOS Sonoma (Macbook Air, M3 chip). OS9 on emulators: MacOS9 App, Sheepshaver, UTM. Now a happy owner of a Pismo 400.

MigMac

• Project Patron
  • 64 MB
Re: Sound Bar
« Reply #1 on: Today at 03:49:20 AM »

I’m on a lucky streak these days (hope it will last). Soundbar found !!!

It’s called JBL On Tour

- power: 4 AAA batteries or direct power supply cable

- audio: to the audio port (mini-jack)

- control: press either the - or + to initiate, press both to stop

- dimension (cm): 18x14x4

- sound quality: very good. Of course they’re not big Bose speakers but sound quality is 10 x better than anything you can get with internal speakers, even those on recent machines. You can set it really high (no distortion) and playing with the equalizer from SoundJam will result in truly noticeable differences.

There are currently many on sales from eBay (between 15 and 30 bucks)

I got mine this morning at a flea market, second hand, no power cable (works like a charm with batteries) for 7 euros !
On MacOS Sonoma (Macbook Air, M3 chip). OS9 on emulators: MacOS9 App, Sheepshaver, UTM. Now a happy owner of a Pismo 400.

smilesdavis

• 512 MB
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:12:21 PM »

I'd love to listen to music from my Pismo while tinkering and customizing it.

Any good soundbar (with decent bass rendering) I could plug via USB or the audio port (mini-jack) ?

Thanks

why does the music have to come from the pismo?
LF: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score/Audio v1-3, especially v1 Cubase Audio ADB Dongle, Cubase VST/24, VST/32, IK T-Racks v1 (ADB Dongle version). Jupiter Systems JVP (Box only), Pro Tools v1-4 (Incomplete as well) -> PM ME if you have any of those.

MigMac

• Project Patron
  • 64 MB
« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:50:49 PM »

why does the music have to come from the pismo?

answer #1: the house is big and the Hi-Fi set something like 15 meters from where the computer room is. Transport via bluetooth or else is not possible: quality amp, player and speakers (Onkyo, Sony, Triangle) but too old for wireless speakers in the computer room

answer #2: Because the world is round It turns me on

answer #3: er, why not?

smilesdavis

• 512 MB
« Reply #4 on: Today at 03:25:13 PM »

Bose mediamate i recommend
LF: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score/Audio v1-3, especially v1 Cubase Audio ADB Dongle, Cubase VST/24, VST/32, IK T-Racks v1 (ADB Dongle version). Jupiter Systems JVP (Box only), Pro Tools v1-4 (Incomplete as well) -> PM ME if you have any of those.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent Topics