Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Mac gamer  (Read 122 times)

Geronimo82

• 1 MB
Old Mac gamer
« on: September 14, 2024, 08:10:42 AM »

Joined because I got a wild hair to replay old Mac games from my youth (and play some I’d never gotten a chance to play). Bought what I thought was MDD dual processor G4 and found out it was the later FW800 version. Thought I was slightly screwed till tripping over a reference to this forum and the work people had done getting unsupported systems set up to run OS 9. So as soon as I get my new desk built, I’ll get to setting the system setup (I tested it already) and running again.

Bolkonskij

• Staff Member
  • 256 MB
    • Cornica.org
Re: Old Mac gamer
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2024, 11:30:36 PM »

A welcome from one old Mac gamer to another! Hope you get your FW800 G4 up and running with OS 9, games should fly on it!

That said, some of us old Mac Gamers are trying to create a little OS 9 multiplayer games renaissance. We've set up our own Unreal Tournament server (at games.macos9lives.com, 24/7 action with bots) which you definitely should come and play on once your G4 is all set up. :-) (we may also add other games to the server later)

alphaTECH

• 32 MB
Re: Old Mac gamer
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2024, 12:04:56 AM »

A welcome from one old Mac gamer to another! Hope you get your FW800 G4 up and running with OS 9, games should fly on it!

That said, some of us old Mac Gamers are trying to create a little OS 9 multiplayer games renaissance. We've set up our own Unreal Tournament server (at games.macos9lives.com, 24/7 action with bots) which you definitely should come and play on once your G4 is all set up. :-) (we may also add other games to the server later)

A Neverwinter Nights server would be excellent!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent Topics