Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 416 times)

ubergrafik

• Newcomer
Hello!
« on: June 11, 2024, 01:17:48 AM »

Greetings! Glad I found this forum! Have a G4 Sawtooth that is supposedly dual 500ghz.

Any way, running a Creamware Pulsar 2 DSP card and Logic Platinum 6. I will be honest, I have struggled to get it going - getting it just right, then changing a setting and everything goes awry - was seriously planning on getting a pc with PCI slot for the card. Then, I found this site, and thought I would persevere. Glad I did! Now giving the machine some love - maxing out ram and getting an ssd for it:)
Had a dual boot OSX system, so now just going to double down and get it going just as an os9 machine - it is indeed snappy - looking forward to see what I can get out of it:)

IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2024, 08:14:44 AM »

superb, pulsar users are quite rare on the mac platform, and yes, the driver support for this stuff always was a mess.

insert arbitrary signature here

ubergrafik

• Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2024, 11:13:06 PM »

Yes:) I seem to have it going easily with the MacOS9Lives image - its so easy to use!

In the mean time, I have picked up an MDD with missing powersupply, ram and hdd. Oh, and a digidesign 96. Just trying to get it going. Good times! I think I have perhaps gone down the rabbit hole?

IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2024, 02:37:06 PM »

once you get it working we would be interested to have all the softare installers and plug-ins, including demo versions, in te file section.

there is also a little synth waiting for you to test (in case you dont have it yet.)
insert arbitrary signature here

ubergrafik

• Newcomer
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2024, 08:42:33 PM »

yes, for sure! What's the best format for the files? Presumably you mean images of the disks that I have etc.? Each card has an 'XSkey" which I think is unique, so someone would need that plus a card (obviously) for it to work. Happy to upload tho.

Always keen to check things out:) Cheers for the tip:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent Topics