Author Topic: Bookmarks?  (Read 858 times)

Offline aBc

• Veteran Member
  • FdB•FBz•aBc
Bookmarks?
« on: March 17, 2024, 09:41:50 PM »
Are our internal site bookmarks slated for return, or are they lost?
Very handy in cases where answers have already been posted for specific questions. ;)

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
Re: Bookmarks?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 01:20:32 AM »
Belongs in the same "bucket" as the other plugins. Unsupported in the version of PHP (the engine that powers the forum) we're running now and prioritizing has been made to other things for the time being. It's on the "to-do" to look into ;)
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline Jubadub

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 01:29:08 AM »
Wait, we had such a feature before?! I never noticed. I would have made use of it in the past if I did. Was it only able of bookmarking topics, or also posts? Somehow, I would prefer the latter over the former, but both would be good. If I recall correctly, in the Macintosh Garden, this sort of feature had also been requested by a few (myself included?) some years back.

Well, I'm fine anyway thanks to the Search function we have, but yes, I can see the bookmark feature being useful. I never seem to remember the exact name of the Mac OS nanokernel v2 author. Rene Vegas? Rene Vagas? I forget each time, but we have his name popping up around in the forum. It's in one post by ELN at least, but maybe elsewhere too. I would totally bookmark that! ;D

Offline aBc

• Veteran Member
  • FdB•FBz•aBc
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 06:14:43 AM »
Wait, we had such a feature before?! I never noticed. I would have made use of it in the past if I did. Was it only able of bookmarking topics, or also posts? Somehow, I would prefer the latter over the former, but both would be good.

Introduced in 2017 and like many things, one later had to “dig around” a bit to discover such stuff here. And I don’t remember if it was just topics alone and / or posts too. (I should have “exported / copied” and retained a collection of mine before the transition.) ::)

One that I do remember is from Forum member Mardeec, detailing the use of TransMac to burn a Bootable OS9 CD via Windows. http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=6699.msg50696#msg50696. A good approach for something that’s often called for / requested. Saved me many times from mailing out Mac-burned installer discs.

But as Knez has said… it’s in that plugins “bucket” and on that “to-do” list to look into. Hopefully, a plugin that shall eventually return. ;)