Author Topic: Test Posting  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Bolkonskij

• Gold Member
    • Cornica.org
Back on Mac OS 9 Lives
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2024, 01:21:46 AM »
First off, good to be back in the forum! Has been over a year or so ? How have ya'll been doing? I guess I have a lot to read up :-)

I for one don't miss any of the forum plugins, but then it's probably a routine thing. If you've used the stuff for, say, two years on a daily basis, you'd sure miss the feature. I think Knez will look into what's possible and offer up solutions. I haven't known him to be a only-my-way-is-the-right-way type of person, so come time, come (optional, maybe?) features!

That said, thank you very much Knez for investing the time and money to keep Mac OS 9 Lives online and thanks to DieHard for giving it into capable hands!

@Jatoba - yeah, very fast on Classilla on my Mac Mini too. I shall power up the Pismo later to check how it fares there. There's certainly the possibility to write a more efficient theme for the forum to accomodate for even older / slower machines / people with shitty internet connections. I've done that for the System 7 Today forum, which also runs on SMF. Could be an optional theme for Mac OS 9 Lives too, if there's interest?

@Knez - is the mainpage coming back? I liked the personal way @DieHard wrote about using Mac OS 9 and it served as an excellent intro to people who may be returning to Mac OS 9 after decades or are completely new to it.

Also, running into trouble when trying to go to --> Profile -> Modify Profile -> Forum Profile from Classilla 9.3.4 with JavaScript off. It stalls on that page at what looks like trying to load some content. I have to close the tab to get out. Can somebody reproduce the error?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 02:05:01 AM by Bolkonskij »
Reel changer over at cornica.org

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
Re: Test Posting
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2024, 03:49:11 AM »
There's certainly the possibility to write a more efficient theme for the forum to accomodate for even older / slower machines / people with shitty internet connections. I've done that for the System 7 Today forum, which also runs on SMF. Could be an optional theme for Mac OS 9 Lives too, if there's interest?
Yes! Let's discuss this :)

@Knez - is the mainpage coming back? I liked the personal way @DieHard wrote about using Mac OS 9 and it served as an excellent intro to people who may be returning to Mac OS 9 after decades or are completely new to it.
As in the http://macos9lives.com website? It's already there and we're working on some very cool new content for it  8)

Also, running into trouble when trying to go to --> Profile -> Modify Profile -> Forum Profile from Classilla 9.3.4 with JavaScript off. It stalls on that page at what looks like trying to load some content. I have to close the tab to get out. Can somebody reproduce the error?

Yes! It's the same for me. Not sure if that used to happen on the old host as well. Probably though, since the base theme for the site is the same still.
Let me invenstigate.
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline V.Yakob

• Enthusiast Member
  • Mac User
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2024, 09:48:19 AM »
The forum is back... Hooray! :D

It's time to change my password.
PPC — PM 8100/80, PM 9600/300, PM G3 Minitower (Rev. C), PM G3 B&W (Rev. B), PM G4 Quicksilver (2002), PM G4 MDD (2003), PM G5 (Late 2005).
Intel — Mac mini (mid 2010), iMac 5k (2017), Mac mini (2018).
AppleSilicon — Mac mini (2020), Mac Studio M2 Max + Apple Studio Display.

Offline ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2024, 10:13:15 AM »
Any progress on adding missing features? Nag nag  ;)
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2024, 10:54:13 AM »
Any progress on adding missing features? Nag nag  ;)

First priority is to move the downloads from Google Drive to something more manageable (and from DieHard, so he doesn't have to manag them). When that's done I'll look into the missing features :)
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline alphaTECH

• Valued Member
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2024, 12:49:17 PM »
Ooh! HTTPS!

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2024, 01:34:04 PM »

Offline robespierre

• Veteran Member
  • malfrat des logiciels
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2024, 02:39:57 PM »
I'm getting redirected from HTTPS to HTTP on the home page https://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php
as well as the post reply page.

Offline torvan

• Veteran Member
  • Old School
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2024, 01:49:00 AM »

"This is a test. This Mac is conducting a test of the Emergency Macintosh System. This is only a test."
15 Macs (13 of them ranging from an SE to a MDD), 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 Hackintosh. Small house getting smaller with each Mac. . . . .  .Husband shakes his head but supports my habit.