Author Topic: Coriolis CDMaker available?  (Read 1082 times)

Offline emendelson

Coriolis CDMaker available?
« on: November 05, 2023, 03:17:58 PM »
I've downloaded and licensed both available versions of iPartition from coriolis-systems.com, but can't find a copy of the Coriolis CDMaker utility that offers to make a bootable CD with the program. Does anyone have this, or an alternative method of creating a bootable CD with iPartition? Many thanks for any help.

Offline teroyk

• Platinum Member
  • -
Re: Coriolis CDMaker available?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 03:48:52 PM »
Install iPartition and choose Create Boot Disk from iPartition menu.

Offline emendelson

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 05:57:55 PM »
The sound you hear is me slapping my forehead for not having seen that. Thank you!

The "templates" don't seem to be available from the server, but I'm letting it try to create a template from my Tiger install disk. Thank you again.

Offline emendelson

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 08:10:51 AM »
I was able to burn a CD from iPartition using the Tiger install disk to provide a template, but the resulting CD would boot, but would never get to the desktop - the machine would simply start up again. I tried burning with two different CD-Rs of a kind that normally work perfectly on an old Mac. No luck,

Is there a downloadable Tiger-compatible disk image anywhere that I could try instead? I know there are other ways to use the program, but this would be the most straightforward.

Many thanks again for any help.

Offline teroyk

• Platinum Member
  • -
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 01:40:03 PM »
Is there a downloadable Tiger-compatible disk image anywhere that I could try instead? I know there are other ways to use the program, but this would be the most straightforward.

There is ready made bootable image:
http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/ipartition

If you have two Macs with Firewireport, you can use Target Disk mode with iPartition to partition HDD in another Mac.

Offline emendelson

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 07:40:41 PM »
Thank you! I should have seen that myself. It boots correctly - thanks again.