Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: the quest for BIAS Peak TDM latest version for OS 9  (Read 2136 times)

smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
the quest for BIAS Peak TDM latest version for OS 9
« on: January 07, 2023, 04:24:25 PM »

ive seen in a google search there is a 2.53 TDM "planted" somewhere
Peak? TDM 2.53 [k'd].hqx

Peak TDM 2.58 (link down)
https://web.archive.org/web/20050310015224/http://www.bias-inc.com/pub/updates/tdm_g4_258.sea.hqx

Peak TDM 2.6
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/BIAS_PeakTDM/

Peak TDM 2.6.2
https://www.mixonline.com/recording/waves-gold-bundle-32-372586

the Waves Gold Bundle 3.2 TDM and its stability improvements together with Peak TDM 2.6.2 are the keeper versions.
LF: Steinberg Cubase MAC ST/Score/Audio v1-3, especially the Cubase Audio ADB Dongle! Arboretum Hyperprism TDM

Architecture

• Enthusiast Member
  • SCSI Hardware Sampler Junkie
Re: the quest for BIAS Peak TDM latest version for OS 9
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2024, 07:29:42 AM »

I know this is a necro post bump, I too am searching for Peak 2.6 TDM. It has more modern DAE support and would be more useful in a Pro Tools MIX setup.
PowerMac G4 MDD (1.25 Dual). 2GB Ram, GeForce Ti 4600 Mac. 3x RME Digiface paired to 2x Ferrofish A32s. Seritek 1SE2 external SATA setup.

Power Mac G4 MDD (1.42 Dual) FW800 Modified for Mac OS9. 2GB Ram, Radeon GPU (32MB) Pro Tools MIX TDM (3 MIX farm with 1 DSP Farm) with Magma 13 PCI Expander. Homebrew SATA SIL3112 Card (Still working out bugs)

PowerMac G4 2002 Quicksilver and Powerbook G3 for SCSI applications.

smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2024, 06:39:45 AM »

Unicorn hunt!
LF: Steinberg Cubase MAC ST/Score/Audio v1-3, especially the Cubase Audio ADB Dongle! Arboretum Hyperprism TDM

ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2024, 07:11:27 AM »

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:40:15 AM by ssp3 »
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2024, 07:52:36 AM »

Very cool, ssp3! :D
Pro Tools addict and admin at Mac OS 9 Lives!, System 7 Today and Macintosh Garden.

smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2024, 01:53:55 PM »

the man!

where?

ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2024, 05:20:30 PM »

where?

On CDRs or tape. Boxed and stored away.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 09:36:29 PM by ssp3 »

smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2024, 11:13:44 PM »

thanks for letting us know!

Jubadub

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2024, 12:33:39 AM »

where?

On CDRs or tape. Boxed and stored away.

Is it alright if we impose and ask if, sometime, you could kindly search for it, copy it and upload it here? :)

If not, that's ok, too, we don't want to burden others with these requests. I myself have some things I still "need" to share... like Realmz uploads that take forever to sort out even if I put my time on it.

ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2024, 01:44:11 AM »

Sure, sure.. But, given that there are more than 100 CDRs and tapes that I have to go thru plus I personally don't need this stuff, it won't happen anytime soon.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:39:59 AM by ssp3 »

smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2024, 02:31:36 AM »

how bout we make a weekend where we hang out with tibooks and beer and image those cdrs for archive.org?

IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2024, 09:09:14 AM »

Is it alright if we impose and ask if, sometime, you could kindly search for it, copy it and upload it here?

as annoying as it is for some of you, but if it is allowed i would like to point you to our wonderful hotline server to download peak from there.

that is basically why we run it.

we can add whatever anyone asks for, but it does not make too much sense to add it one by one

If not, that's ok, too, we don't want to burden others with these requests.

that is why i upload a good handful of additional files, that we do not have to discuss every single request of a new member and then end up with files cluttered around in various places in the forum.

however, we do not yet have an official request procedure. one way i used in the past is to let guests upload empty upload folders with the name of what they want into the hotline site.

using the web forum for discussing filesharing is not ideal - but using the hotline BBS to communicate  there is also not ideal. so to have this directly in the file section probably can make the most sense for us.

i am going to add an "upload/download" helpfile right into the filesection soon, maybe i should integrate that "request" thing too already.

how bout we make a weekend where we hang out with tibooks and beer and image those cdrs for archive.org?

as a real collector you definetly want an original CD, dont you? :)

for the operation of the app you do not need it, 2.6 is "trial & patch"

your SDII plug-ins are also waiting for you in the file section since a month.

let us know if you need help with downloading - only if you guys ask we can learn what newbies might need to know.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2024, 11:43:27 AM by IIO »
insert arbitrary signature here

Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2024, 09:34:34 AM »

however, we do not yet have an official request procedure. one way i used in the past is to let guests upload empty upload folders with the name of what they want into the hotline site.

using the web forum for discussing filesharing is not ideal - but using the hotline BBS to communicate  there is also not ideal. so to have this directly in the file section probably can make the most sense for us.

i am going to add an "upload/download" helpfile right into the filesection soon, maybe i should integrate that "request" thing too already.

Yes, that would be awesome. And indeed, this is exactly what Hotline is awesome at solving.

Hotline is mirrored to Gopher, so we don't need to access Hotline in order to download stuff.

Our little place in gophersphere: gopher://gopher.macos9lives.com
And through a web proxy if you don't believe in Gopger or Hotline (muuuuch slower for downloads, though: http://gopher.floodgap.com/gopher/gw?a=gopher%3A%2F%2Fgopher.macos9lives.com
Pro Tools addict and admin at Mac OS 9 Lives!, System 7 Today and Macintosh Garden.

ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2024, 07:15:40 PM »

.. i would like to point you to our wonderful hotline server to download peak from there.

What's up there is k'ed demo of 2.6.0. Whether it is as functional as non-demo remains to be seen.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:41:20 AM by ssp3 »

IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 03:00:27 AM »

And, as I've said before, 20+ years ago I kept using 2.5.8 despite 2.6.2 being available. I wasn't the only one, by the way..

your personal preferences are not of any interest here.
insert arbitrary signature here

ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 04:20:30 AM »

OK.

Jubadub

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 10:14:46 AM »

And, as I've said before, 20+ years ago I kept using 2.5.8 despite 2.6.2 being available. I wasn't the only one, by the way..

I think it is potentially-valuable advice. Regardless, let's not address each other like that around here, if we can avoid it.

I agree though that if 2.6.2 isn't available in the downloads section, and instead only a "cracked demo" of 2.6.0 is, then we would want to nonetheless locate 2.6.2 even if only for comparison purposes or any other reason, even if it turns out to be indeed worse.

smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 12:30:57 PM »

your SDII plug-ins are also waiting for you in the file section since a month.

let us know if you need help with downloading - only if you guys ask we can learn what newbies might need to know.

Whats a file section? And where is it

I sure do thanks for pointing it out

ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 02:07:13 PM »

I think it is potentially-valuable advice. Regardless, let's not address each other like that around here, if we can avoid it.

I agree though that if 2.6.2 isn't available in the downloads section, and instead only a "cracked demo" of 2.6.0 is, then we would want to nonetheless locate 2.6.2 even if only for comparison purposes or any other reason, even if it turns out to be indeed worse.

It's ok. If my experience is not welcome here, thats fine with me.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/computing/warning-peak-may-erase-files-from-your-drive-bias-explains-how-to-prevent-this/

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:32:21 PM by ssp3 »

Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #19 on: Today at 01:56:28 AM »

ssp3, I think IIO means that we do appreciate your opinion and experience, but in terms of preservation we do need to be able to archive every version of every piece of relevant software we can find, despite the bugs they might have. And in those terms your personal preferences are not of any interest, as IIO mentioned. Because everything needs to be preserved.

And of course, no one can force you to do anything. We are merely trying to encourage you to share ;)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent Topics