Author Topic: Emagic AMT8 midi patchbay with Cubase  (Read 4763 times)

Offline nickbirkby

• Enthusiast Member (25+ Posts)
  • new to the forums
Emagic AMT8 midi patchbay with Cubase
« on: January 30, 2017, 09:29:31 AM »
Hello all,
I have an opportunity to pick up an Emagic AMT8 fairly cheaply. I was wondering if Cubase drivers support this as far as the supossedly superior midi timing? Apparently with Logic it was very stable with midi.
AMT = Advanced Midi Timecode (as i remember) but unless the drivers were coded for this feature it was just normal operation.

Anyone with experience on this?

Midi timing and jitter is a bit of a rabbit hole I know.
Thanks for any input.

Online Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member (500+ Posts)
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
Re: Emagic AMT8 midi patchbay with Cubase
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 11:50:06 AM »
I have one of these. They use regular OMS drivers, so can be used with Cubase, Logic, Pro Tools or whatever you want.
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline nickbirkby

• Enthusiast Member (25+ Posts)
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 10:49:25 PM »
Thanks, Knezzen. I may be wrong, but it operated in two modes- a standard mode ie OMS/serial connection and AMT mode where it was connected by USB and had a Logic driver that calibrated the midi timing with more accuracy. I think a bit like with the Cubas Midex, the timing was supposed to be rock solid. I believe there were big issues with timing on early USB midi connectiuons.

Apparently Cubase were going to develop a driver that made use of this feature for the AMT.
Anyway...  :)

Online Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member (500+ Posts)
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 10:55:20 AM »
I use mine with USB and OMS, so no problems there :)
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today