Author Topic: Classilla themes page  (Read 14237 times)

Offline Brian Deuel

Classilla themes page
« on: August 12, 2016, 09:40:48 PM »
For those interested, I've gathered all of the working Classilla themes that I could find, via Wayback Machine and other random sites that still exist, and put them all up on a page so others could install or download them if they so desire. I included shots of each theme and a javascript installer (that I took from one of the archived pages) on the page.

http://atari.vg-network.com/classilla

I've tested many different themes and these are the ones that truly work. If anyone knows of any others to add to the page, let me know using the email address listed on the page.

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member (500+ Posts)
  • i did my time on mac os 9
Re: Classilla themes page
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 08:15:38 AM »
nice job collecting these

i miss these days of computing when things were skinnable + Customizable..
!

Offline Brian Deuel

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 02:41:23 PM »
Found more themes, so updated today with 12 new themes (now currrently 25) and more to hopefully come...

Offline Brian Deuel

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 08:17:07 PM »
Now up to 41, with most likely no more to be found. Keep an eye on the page for updates from here on (if there are any more)...

Offline Bolkonskij

• Veteran Member (100+ Posts)
    • Cornica.org
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 02:36:17 AM »
Brain, a quick "Thanks a lot" from my side. Just headed to the forums in search of exactly something like that. Now downloading and fiddling with some of the themes. Awesome! :)
Reel changer over at cornica.org

Offline TheDailyBuzzherd

• Valued Member (10+ Posts)
  • FeatherFace
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 03:13:05 PM »
Classilla. Pretty amazed to discover the existence of this browser
about 2mos ago. Kudos to the Code Warriors who make such things
happen. Kinda the ultimate in Open Sourcing to keep older systems
humming. After all, the ultimate recycling program means you never
threw anything away in the first place.

To experience.
" 'as uh my leetle Aquila!"

Offline coldtea

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 01:06:36 PM »
Hi, when you were finding these themes did you happen to find any tutorials for CREATING themes?

Offline Brian Deuel

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 06:33:22 PM »
Hi, when you were finding these themes did you happen to find any tutorials for CREATING themes?

Sorry, no (and sorry for the delay in replying), but I must admit that I never really looked. Finding the themes themselves was tunneling through a lot of old pages, finding broken links, and plugging them into archive.org hoping to find downloadable themes. As time is now in short supply, I can't see myself digging around like that again.

Offline adrianrmarsh

• new to the forums
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 10:59:07 PM »
For those interested, I've gathered all of the working Classilla themes that I could find, via Wayback Machine and other random sites that still exist, and put them all up on a page so others could install or download them if they so desire. I included shots of each theme and a javascript installer (that I took from one of the archived pages) on the page.

http://atari.vg-network.com/classilla

I've tested many different themes and these are the ones that truly work. If anyone knows of any others to add to the page, let me know using the email address listed on the page.

Brian,

it seems that the page where you posted these themes is no longer available, with the '404 Not Found' message popping up on Classila and modern Safari (iPhone) browswers. Is there any chance these themes were posted onto Macintosh Garden or some other forum?

Thanks

Offline Brian Deuel

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2022, 08:56:17 PM »
The site is back up at the same URL. Looks like the directory got munged on the host's server, but it's fixed now.