Author Topic: MacOS 9 external monitor  (Read 4567 times)

Offline PH3lix

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
MacOS 9 external monitor
« on: April 30, 2016, 06:28:32 AM »
Hallo,
i want to connect my Powerbook Titanium 400 MHz with MacOS 9.2.2 to an external monitor.
The monitor has a nativ resolution of 1980x1080. Since I have my doubts that this resolution works with the Powerbook I would like to use 1280x720 but the monitor settings don't list any 16:9 resolution. I can choose 1280x1024 or 1600x1200 but the picture is stretched. Is there a tool with witch I can choose the resolution?

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: MacOS 9 external monitor
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 09:53:07 AM »
SwitchRes IIRC
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline PH3lix

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 12:30:26 PM »
SwitchRes also seems to offer only resolutions with the wrong aspect ratio.
I can't really figure out how to setup a different resolution.

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 01:56:23 PM »
SwitchRez cannot create resolutions. It can only implement those that are capable of being supported by your graphics card. Your problem is that there weren't any 16:9 monitors when your P-Book was built. Why? Because 16:9 is an HDTV aspect ratio. All you can do is try to find a resolution that makes an acceptable image. If there aren't any, you really have to get a different monitor, or an adjustable (and undoubtedly expensive) one that can accept and adapt to what you're sending it.

On this page is a link to the little app that will list all that your P-Book is capable of. It may be helpful.

http://www.madrau.com/SRXv3/html/SR2/FAQ.html

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 04:15:57 PM »
SwitchRez cannot create resolutions. It can only implement those that are capable of being supported by your graphics card. Your problem is that there weren't any 16:9 monitors when your P-Book was built. Why? Because 16:9 is an HDTV aspect ratio. <--- i disagree :D

All you can do is try to find a resolution that makes an acceptable image. If there aren't any, you really have to get a different monitor, or an adjustable (and undoubtedly expensive) one that can accept and adapt to what you're sending it.

On this page is a link to the little app that will list all that your P-Book is capable of. It may be helpful.

http://www.madrau.com/SRXv3/html/SR2/FAQ.html

Offline PH3lix

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 01:05:53 PM »
Okay, maybe I can get my monitor date to the aspect ratio.
Thank you for your help.