Author Topic: Logic 4.7 and ASIO.  (Read 741 times)

Offline ohtakajacky2

• Valued Member (10+ Posts)
Logic 4.7 and ASIO.
« on: December 11, 2023, 08:30:46 AM »
Good evening everyone. I installed Logic 4.7 on Mac OS 9.2.2. I used Logic Platinum over 20 years ago. It seems that ASIO is not recognized on Logic 4.7. I tried it with M-Audio Firewire 410 and Edirol UA-25. I have put the 410 and UA-25 ASIO drivers in the Logic ASIO folder. Although there are download links for both Logic ver.5 and ver.6, they require an XS Key, and the emulator is useless. Everyone please help me. thank you.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member (500+ Posts)
Re: Logic 4.7 and ASIO.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 12:17:57 PM »
1) Have your tried 4.8.1 and dongle emulator from our site ?

2) I am very confused... 4.7 should support ASIO (unless they ripped it out)... start with 4.5.1 and use dongle emulator since it mentions ASIO...

Logic 4.5.1

- The USB MIDI problem with the new G4 computers ("Gigabit Ethernet") is fixed. The Logic 4.5.1 updater automatically adds the new "USB Unitor Family Driver" version 1.2. This new driver is essential for the USB bug fix to work and must be located inside the Extension Folder within your System Folder.

- Multi Processor Support: The internal, native audio engine is now able to take advantage of the new dual-processor Apple Macs. (Mac AV, Audiowerk, 1212I/O, DirectI/O, ASIO, StudI/O, EASI). - Enable the Multi Processor Support check-box within the audio driver preferences.

- In the Matrix window the head of a note (start-point) can be changed while keeping the original end-point. This is done by grabbing and dragging a note at the bottom left corner. This function is similar to adjusting the startpoint of a sequence in the arrange window.

- "Video to Audio adjustment" renamed to "Video to Song adjustment"

- Audio files can now be dragged directly into the arrange window (just like MIDI files). You do not need to drag them in the audio window first.

- The "MMC Locate" command is now also sent in internal sync mode (if MMC is enabled).

- Fast Forward and Fast Rewind (Transport): A short mouse click will jump to the next or previous marker. If no markers exist, a short click will jump 1 bar forward or backward. Long clicks will rewind or fast forward as in earlier versions. Moving the mouse left or right will increase or decrease the rewind/forward speed.

- EXS 24: Improved AKAI S3000 conversion

- Further minor improvements

Offline coachla

• Veteran Member (100+ Posts)
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2023, 10:15:48 PM »
Logic 4.7 with my Oasys card using ASIO on G4 MDD dual 1.25.  ASIO folder must be at same level as Logic application. Using 4.7 for MIDI only since 2002 I believe, however this would not be my first choice if running audio. Best get any Logic dongle and run 6.4.3 or an OSX version without dongle. Sorry, had to take quick photos with my phone.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 10:28:10 PM by coachla »

Offline ohtakajacky2

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2023, 01:45:24 AM »
>Thank you DieHard. My Mac is G4. It takes courage to mess with the extension folder. Please tell me the download link for this site for Logic 4.8.1. Yes, I'm using an emulator dongle.

>Thank you coachla. My other Macs are a Mac Book Pro with OS Big Sur and an iMac with OS 10.3. I would like to be able to install Logic on OS 10.3, but since Logic ver.5, the emulator dongle cannot be used and I have to purchase a second-hand hardware XS Key. It's a shame. Do you know any better way?
I will also attach a photo. If you have any advice please let me know.

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member (500+ Posts)
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2023, 02:15:41 PM »
For ohtakajacky2 and anyone else who happens to read this:

It's been noted before that you should NOT, as in NEVER upload straight screenshots on the Forum. 2-3000 pixel images take forever to open and then appear at 3-4 even 10x screen size. People lose interest immediately and you lose possible help. Trouble is, a new user will never see that info buried in a post somewhere.

Can we add a note near the "attachments and other options" link back to
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,835.msg2997.html#msg2997

Offline coachla

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2023, 05:03:16 PM »
Install 10.5 or better 10.6 on your Imac. Logic 8 uses serial number only, pretty easy to find that.

4.8.1 here in downloads:

http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/board,64.0.html

Offline ohtakajacky2

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2023, 01:50:38 AM »
Thank you DieHard, coachla & GaryN. I tried it with M-Audio Firewire 410 and Edirol UA-25 on OS 9.2.2 with Logic 4.8.1 and Studio Vision Pro, but it didn't work. 410 worked fine with OS 10.3. Audio interfaces for OS 9.2.2 are being sold relatively cheaply at auctions in Japan. I bought Emagic's Audiowerk for $15 and plugged it into my Mac, and Audiowerk responded to Logic. I had an Audiowerk over 20 years ago and knew how to connect. My OS 9.2.2 is a G4 that I bought in 1999 and sat in storage after using it for 10 years because the SCSI display broke. My main Mac is a Mac Book Pro 2015, and I use Pro Tools Ultimate with HD OMNI and HD Native Thunderbolt with 96. I used Mojave as my OS for a long time. I updated to Big Sur once, but all the features became slow, so I changed back to Mojave. I have been using Logic for 5 years, and this time I wanted to learn from the past and start composing with Logic again. I also have feelings for Vision. People here love OS 9. I'm glad I met my friends. Thank you very much.

Offline coachla

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2024, 01:19:49 AM »
It just occurred to me, has the ASIO folder been renamed? That might cause it not to show up in the driver selection in logic. Are any drivers visible to Logic in the Audio Hardware and Drivers page?

Also, look into the Oasis PCI card. A lot of physical modeling in the synthetic package too. Awesome effects.