Digital Audio Workstation & MIDI > Plugins (VST,TDM,RTAS,MAS)

Resetting the iLok time demo, the easy way.

(1/9) > >>

MacTron:
Resetting the iLok time demo, the easy way:

1- Install iLok 5.05 (attached)
2- Drag and drop your startup HD to the "Make all visible" app. (attached)
3- Run the scrip "iLok 5.05 Time ResetScript" (attached)
4- Reboot your computer.

Perform steps 2 to 4 each time the demo expires.

This was successfully tested with Waves 4, I guest it should work with other iLok time demos, ( SonyOxford stuff and Antares Filter ... ) as far as they work with iLok engine 5.0.5  ;)

paule:
Hi all,
I would have a question about resetting. I have a (lega) ilok working with some important and legal (!!) plugs (all sonnox stuff, ac1 ..). I would love to use some more plugs and would like to reset someday. But I am afraid that I destroy something on this ilok when I will reset in order to use some other plugs (waves 4 ...).
Can I destroy something when I use this reset procedure or do I need a new ilok with only demo plugs on it to be sure that I don't destroy anything?

Best, paule.

mrhappy:

--- Quote from: MacTron on October 08, 2015, 09:13:40 AM ---Resetting the iLok time demo, the easy way:

1- Install iLok 5.05 (attached)
2- Drag and drop your startup HD to the "Make all visible" app. (attached)
3- Run the scrip "iLok 5.05 Time ResetScript" (attached)
4- Reboot your computer.

Perform steps 2 to 4 each time the demo expires.

This was successfully tested with Waves 4, I guest it should work with other iLok time demos, ( SonyOxford stuff and Antares Filter ... ) as far as they work with iLok engine 5.0.5  ;)

--- End quote ---

Thanks MacTron, that's AWESOME!!! Can't wait to try "The Easy Way"!! ;D ;D

MacTron:

--- Quote from: paule on October 10, 2015, 02:17:13 AM ---Can I destroy something when I use this reset procedure or do I need a new ilok with only demo plugs on it to be sure that I don't destroy anything?

--- End quote ---
Sorry, but I don't know for sure ...

This method only do a few things: Make visible all invisible files on a HD and delete a few ones, (Desktop DB, Desktop DF, and HFSExtentTables folder)
That's not the best way, but the easiest :)

The best way is to selectively delete the contents of "HFSExtentTables", inside "TheVolumeSettingsFolder" (all are invisibles) and rebuid the desktop. May be that's the way for you  if you have some authorized plugins ... but I don't know for sure.  :'(

paule:
Hi all,
thanks for the hints and the explantation. But I think I am too afraid to destroy anything on my ilok or the Harddisk and so I stay with the plugs I have. There are only few which I am still looking for. I have also another ilok where are only some expired demoplugs registered, but also making some files visible seems to me that I can destroy something that the normal ilok/harddisk maybe will not work anymore.

Best, paule.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version