Author Topic: Pro Tools 4  (Read 233 times)

Offline CMW

• I want to build an early-90s, pre-Mix system.
Pro Tools 4
« on: February 15, 2024, 07:22:31 PM »

I recently got three Pro Tools 4 TDM CD-ROMs with authorizer disks. They are versions 4.1.1, 4.1.2 and 4.2. Does anybody have any advice on how to copy the authorizers? I don't have my Nubus system set up yet, but would like to get this software online in the downloads section. I also got 6 hard drives - with what I assume to be full of plugins and other goodies - but have no idea how to make images of them. I'm an absolute beginner with old Macs. If anyone could give me suggestions on the best drive-imaging software for a PowerMac 7100 - and just generally what I'd have to do to create a viable drive image - your help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline ssp3

• Platinum Member (500+ Posts)
Re: Pro Tools 4
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 09:53:44 PM »
For CD-ROMs use Astarte CD Copy to make Toast compatible images and upload them to some place. Having original installer discs is always good. ;)
For HD drives, if they're not too big and for the case when there might be some authorizations on them (invisible or in the boot sectors), use FWB Hard Disk Toolkit 'Device copy' function to image them. All other methods won't preserve the authorizations!
As to the authorization floppies - I wouldn't sweat about it. v4.2 has already been liberated and for v4.1.1 there's snap**** method, which should work for versions 4.0.1 - 4.1.2 too. Better sell them to collectors!
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member (500+ Posts)
Re: Pro Tools 4
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 11:51:31 PM »
you can get the installers for the authorized hard disk images on macintoshgarden.

to make an exact copy of the authorizer floppies you will need an Applesauce Disk controller or something similar.

thank you for your support
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

[HELP BOARD ! Installing & Troubleshooting the Classic Mac OS] Does Mac OS 9 support the Apple SuperDrive? by GaryN Yesterday at 09:16:06 PM
[Welcome to Our Community - Guidelines, News, & Social Posts] Retro Computing Enthusiasts are Masochists by aBc Yesterday at 08:54:01 PM
[Storage] I Test SATA PCI Adapters So You Don't Have To - Mac PCI SATA Card Roundup by refinery Yesterday at 04:10:39 PM
[Hacking the System, Mac OS 9.3, and Beyond !] Boot without the "Mac OS 9 Drivers" by vaccinemedia Yesterday at 02:27:00 PM
[Mac OS 9 on Unsupported Hardware] Installing MacOS9 HDD drivers using terminal in OS X by caver01 Yesterday at 08:00:45 AM
[Sampler Software, Sample CDs, & Sample Libaries] GALLERY software - EOS Browser & EMU FileAssistant by Syn-Fi Yesterday at 05:47:00 AM
[Community Marketplace] Wanted :: Pro tools Hd compatible with Os9 (uk) by Syn-Fi Yesterday at 02:32:53 AM
[Video Cards, Monitors & Displays] Mac Mini G4 - OS 9 & 10.5 Compatible Touch Pannel - Does it Exist? by SabithaSuki March 27, 2024, 08:54:08 PM
[Mac OS 9 on Unsupported Hardware] Mac OS 9 booting on: Mac mini G4 (Detailed Posts) by bamdad March 27, 2024, 08:05:12 PM
[HELP BOARD ! Installing & Troubleshooting the Classic Mac OS] BlueBox in Mac OS X DP2 by zsn0w March 27, 2024, 12:39:08 PM
[Welcome to Our Community - Guidelines, News, & Social Posts] Thoughts on the future of Mac OS 9 Lives by Knezzen March 27, 2024, 08:40:21 AM
[Internet & Communications] Globaltalk (MARCHintosh project) by Bolkonskij March 27, 2024, 06:56:10 AM