Author Topic: M-Audio Mac OS 9 Drivers *download* (drivers removed from m-audio.com)  (Read 45893 times)

supernova777

**** Update 2018 - M-Audio Complete Driver Anthology for OS 9 is available here *****
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,4438.0.html

just an update to anyone needing to download m-audio drivers
they have totally screwed the site downloads on the american/usa/canadian sites
http://www.m-audio.com/support/drivers
not sure if its temporarily screwed but i have a good feeling that its been changed by someone obviously contracted by inmusic that has little understanding of how they've altered the usefullness + functionality of this driver download pages interface..

the japanese site is so far untouched + not yet screwed up so i urge everyone to
visit http://www.m-audio.jp/ instead.. maybe load it up in a google chrome browser so it automatically does the translation

heres a direct link to the japanese driver interface which is still the same as it used to be
http://www.m-audio.jp/index.php?do=support&tab=driver

not sure if they will soon update + screw the japanese site aswell so i urge anyone to back up their own drivers
as the american site no longer lists mac os drivers.. i tried and it said "no results"
and it lists every single os for every single device now on the american site
rather then listing only the operating systems supported for that device..

really stupid. m-audio is a dead brand now..  and it has been since avid destroyed it.
RIP Midiman/M-audio

its a real shame.

I RECCOMMEND WE CREATE A SINGLE DOWNLOAD WITH ALL THE M-AUDIO MAC OS 9 DRIVERS AND HOST IT HERE ON THIS SITE AS IT MAY BE ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THESE DOWNLOADS ARE REMOVED FROM THE JAPANESE SITE ASWELL.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 09:29:33 PM by DieHard »

supernova777

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD M-AUDIO MAC OS9 DRIVER ARCHIVE

attached is a 22mb .sit file with every mac os 9 driver that i could find on the japanese site
organized into folder structure : pci / usb / firewire / other
this includes:

Delta 1010
Delta 1010LT
Delta 44
Delta 66
Delta DIO
Delta TDIF
Delta RBUS
Delta Audiophile 2496
Dman 2044
Firewire 410
Firewire 1814
Firewire Audiophile
Audiophile USB
Duo USB
Midisport 1x1, 2x4, 4x4, 8x8, uno
Omnistudio USB
Quattro USB
Sonic Theatre USDB
Sonica USB
Transit USB

Ekeys controller
Keystation 49e controller
Keystation pro 88 controller
UC33e controller
Xsession controller
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 08:53:50 PM by chrisNova777 »

Offline Andre Solomko

• Enthusiast Member (25+ Posts)
  • new to the forums
Re: M-Audio Mac OS 9 Drivers *download* (drivers removed from m-audio.com)
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 01:54:58 PM »
Thank you for taking care of this.

supernova777

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 05:41:24 PM »
Thank you for taking care of this.

no problem. someone had to do it!
m-audio's new web management staff are apparently totally incoherent of the detrimental changes they have done to a system that was working.....
they must be taking after Apple's example in screwing their old customers by removing links + downloads that support for their own legacy products.

Offline Jakl

• Gold Member (200+ Posts)
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 06:07:49 PM »
The macos9 drivers are still on M-Audio's site - what are you talking about Chris?

You just have to scroll down to find them - I don't know what the fuss is all about
M-Audio OS9 Drivers?

Chris give it another try by going to M-Audio drivers and choose an interface that
definitely had OS9 Drivers then scroll until you find it - I'm sure you will -
Check again you will be pleasantly surprised.

supernova777

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 07:12:15 PM »
The macos9 drivers are still on M-Audio's site - what are you talking about Chris?

You just have to scroll down to find them - I don't know what the fuss is all about
M-Audio OS9 Drivers?

Chris give it another try by going to M-Audio drivers and choose an interface that
definitely had OS9 Drivers then scroll until you find it - I'm sure you will -
Check again you will be pleasantly surprised.

Jakl..
unless you are loading a different site then i am, you are incorrect in saying that the drivers are there.. yes it shows up in the menu, but when u click "Show results" the results that previously were easily available are missing...

they changed the web coding of the driver downloading interface. the japanese site still uses the old "working" version but for it to work properly u must have japanese language character set installed your browser/system

see the attached jpg.. where the audiophile usb no longer shows the proper download for the driver... its the same for many many interfaces that worked just fine no longer show the needed driver files.

supernova777

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 07:16:53 PM »
actually.. cross checking with the japanese site.. that is the right file... but someones renamed it incorrectly to indicate "OSX" on the american site
??

regardless of this one example there are many other discrepencies
the m-audio site also used to host drivers for the evolution keyboards
and those drivres have also been removed from the m-audio site completely

supernova777

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 07:24:41 PM »
ok u know what.. ive just checked and could find alot of the stuff has been sorted now under "Legacy"

i swear to god these files were not there just a few days ago!!  ;D ;D
they must have gone in and fixed some things that were broken in the last few days or hours.....!

;D

i had some difficulty finding them just last night.. and i got a few msgs from people asking me for help to find them .. so there must have been a reason for both

there is a greater problem with what theyve changed tho
if you cross reference between the japanese version + the american version
when selecting a group, and then an interface on the japanese site..
it shows you *only the supported os choices* on the right
so it effectively acts as a list you can easily look at to see what interface is supported on what os ..

now that theyve changed the american site, it always lists *every os there is* in the rightmost column.. and u must press "show results" to "check" to see if there is a file..

the old system was easier + better
as u can see from the one example of the audiophile usb mac os 9 driver being renamed to "osx" someone who doesnt know shit has gone in and changed alot of stuff to do with the actual files + how they are sorted + how the interface works.......  guaranteed theres some other things missing, resorted, or Obfuscated somehow

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member (500+ Posts)
  • i did my time on mac os 9
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2016, 10:27:40 PM »
the japanese site is also totally screwed now and they are directing trafffic back to the american site..

Offline geforceg4

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 07:18:57 AM »
admins - u might want to STICKY this post.. as theres many people with m-audio hardware that will be looking for the drivers now that they are not available on the m-audio site anymore.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 09:40:19 AM »
Done :)

Offline Steve_W

• 88 MPH
    • UK Mac Files
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 03:11:44 PM »
Thanks for this! I have the Audophile USB that I need drivers for, EXCELLENT!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Powermac MDD dual 1.25ghz (9.2.2/10.4.11)/Powermac MDD 867mhz (9.2.2)/12 inch Powerbook G4 (9.2.2)/15 inch Powerbook G4 (10.4.11)/Powermac G5 (10.7.5)

Offline geforceg4

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 09:32:24 PM »
Thanks for this! I have the Audophile USB that I need drivers for, EXCELLENT!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

no problem.. the files were downloaded from the japanese m-audio site before it also got nuked.

Offline corchea

• new to the forums
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 04:41:54 AM »
Thank you very much..... so appreciate...

Offline Stephan-O

Hi Guys

I am still on the way to re-build my studio MDD unused for the last 5 years...
Just got a BRAND NEW deadstock Audiophile 2496 on an Italian Music second-hand market

Just a question.
IS the bundled CD the correct OS9 driver for the card or do I have to look for an update, here in the site?

This link: http://www.macos9lives.com/downloads/MAudioDeltaV2.sea

is listed as the right driver to download but unfortunately, it seems not to work anymore.
Any help appreciated.

PS: the intention is to make the card to be used with Cubase VST 5.1 and Nuendo 1.52.
Any issue (if there is one..) pertaining the card (installation problems, functionality bugs), would be appreciated them to be known

Thank you and sorry for my "donkey's USA-English"

Offline OS94EVER

• new to the forums
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 05:55:09 AM »
Hi all,

Today I have uploaded the legacy Mac OS9.x compatible M-Audio Device Drivers to the Apple Mac Repository.
They comprise Mac OS9.x drivers for USB, FireWire, PCI and other.
These drivers are now no more to be found on the M-Audio website.
Njoy!

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 08:20:19 AM »
Link ?

macStuff

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 05:26:53 PM »
https://www.macintoshrepository.org/
this is probably what hes talking about - hes saying hes taken the file from this page and uploaded it to that new mac site for safe keeping.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2017, 09:39:13 AM »
Ohhh... good plan to spread things around :)

macStuff

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2017, 07:36:10 PM »
https://web.archive.org/web/20040629062228/http://www.m-audio.com:80/images/global/drivers/
ive just located this link on the web archive..
i think ive come across this before in the past but i was not careful to write down the url
its a directory view of the raw directory that contained the driver files! from (June 2004)
they must have made some type of mistake on the permissions for a short period
during the many different re-designs of the m-audio site

not sure if every file is downloadable but it is such an impresive list that i couldnt keep it under my hat
contains both windows + mac drivers
take a look here if you are searching for a specific driver

Offline Trace-Elliot

• brand new member
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2019, 09:33:04 AM »
i´m searching for the os9 driver of the Evolution e-key 37

"The eKeys Keyboard is a lightweight USB keyboard with 37 mini keys that will fit into any computer setup because of its compact design. Installation couldn't be easier. Simply plug the attached USB cable into any available USB port on your computer, and the Class Compliant keyboard will automatically install under Windows XP or Mac OS X (drivers included for Windows 95/98/ME/2000 and Apple Mac OS 9.1 or later). Once installation is complete, the Evolution eKeys Keyboard is ready to use with the included software or any standard music package. "

i tryed google for long time without results .
tons of Digidesign Hardware and historic apple maschines .... based in germany ...

Offline GaryN

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2019, 02:36:31 PM »
This was a lot of searching for what is essentially (see what I did there?) a toy keyboard.
The OS9 drivers go back to when the company was called Essential - before acquisition by M-Audio. That's why they're so damn hard to find. M-Audio left the reference to OS9 (and Windoze 2000 for that matter) in the lit but never actually made the drivers available.

These are two .sit files of old Essential/M-Audio drivers for otherwise USB class-compliant keyboards. Hopefully, somewhere in there is one that will work. I know nothing about them at all, so don't ask - they're probably identical for all I know - they ARE the exact same size…

Offline Trace-Elliot

• brand new member
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2019, 02:09:51 AM »
I grab this Keyboard from the Recyclingyard for free . Its so small that it fits perfekt on my Desk . Its not fir playing Keyboard as a Keyboarder , but for checking Sounds and chords for e.g. Its ok . And now my G4 receive data from e-key . Thank for youre help very much . How will i Know that this Company so often change his name ?
tons of Digidesign Hardware and historic apple maschines .... based in germany ...

Offline GaryN

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2019, 02:09:17 PM »
Good to hear it worked!

Offline Trace-Elliot

• brand new member
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2019, 12:46:24 PM »
Good to hear it worked!

it fits so nice

Offline Naiw

• Veteran Member (100+ Posts)
  • new to the forums
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2019, 12:37:01 AM »
Are there any difference of these M-Audio drivers and the ones on M-Audios site? Cause it appears under "legacy" in the driver/support download section you have drivers that are really really old?

Offline GaryN

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2019, 05:21:04 PM »
nicely done but the evolution company was never called "essential"
Well, ex-cuuuuse me!
I got carried away with my own cleverness and substituted the name of the keyboard for the name of the company.

macStuff

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2019, 12:44:17 PM »
Are there any difference of these M-Audio drivers and the ones on M-Audios site? Cause it appears under "legacy" in the driver/support download section you have drivers that are really really old?

basically what happened was that the the ownership of m-audio was transferred for the like the umpeenth time and the new webdesigners hired by the new owners went and totally screwed up the way the driver downloader worked
changing its operation from intelligent to completely unintelligent..

the 3rd column options used to actually intelligently show only those os versions that were supported for a particular device/driver.. now, no matter what driver you are after driver wise, the same "complete" list of os show on the right column forcing people to waste their time pressing "show result" and having to "go back" and try a different option untill they find a result.. the webdesigners who did this must be extremely brain dead to ruin such a beautifully simple elegant solution that was online from like 2002 forward for over 10 years

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2019, 07:16:34 PM »
I am trying to find those CDs that came with Firewire M-Audio:

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/m-audio-firewire-audiophile

Ableton's Live Delta, Arkaos VJ Lite, DSound RT Player Express, IK Multimedia's Sampletank Free and Linplug's Free Alpha synth

Specially the Arkaos VJ Lite.

I know I had it from here, but now I cant find where...

Fortunatelly I have it installed, but would be nice to have it backed.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline user2020

The ones on M-Audio's site appear to offer the wrong files in some cases. E.g. the MIDISport 2x2 driver for OS 9 is absent, instead you can only download a OMS 2.3.8 package that lacks the MIDISport driver.

Offline heisenberg

Hi everyone,

I just came across this thread and I hope someone will be able to help me out.

I have a Blue M-Audio USB Uno MIDI Interface that used to work very well on Mac OS9.2.2.
My old iBook died years ago and now that I bought a "new" one in order to use some old files, I can't find a way to make the interface work.

I tried installing every drivers I could find - not working. (Even the ones listed by SuperNova777)

FYI, I kept the hard drive of my dead iBook, so... does anybody know if there's a specific file I could copy from the System Folder of my old iBook and copy it into the System Folder of my "new" iBook in order to make the interface work?

Thank you so much for you help!  :)

PS: for those who might wonder - yes, the interface lights up and works perfectly on Mac OS X - it's not damaged)

Offline blinkfox

• Valued Member (10+ Posts)
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2021, 05:06:15 PM »
I've been using a G4 Mac Mini with Mac OS 9.2.2 and recently purchased a M-Audio Transit USB audio interface but haven't been able to get it to work.

I've downloaded and installed the drivers from the "M-Audio Anthology Complete Set of all M-Audio Drivers & Utilities for Mac OS" thread here: http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,4438.0.html but as soon as I connect it via USB I get this error message, for the (ominous) USB device name of "Unknown"

When I open up the M-Audio Transit USB Settings Control Panel I see both the USB Driver, and Firmware versions showing up as <Not Available>

The device does appear in the Sound Control Panel but it's stuck on mute and if I try to unmute it goes right back to mute.

I did try to connect to device to my Raspberry Pi 4 and was able to both see it with the lsusb command and I can see the device being initialized:

[1826064.731714] usb 1-1.1: New USB device found, idVendor=0763, idProduct=2006, bcdDevice= 1.00
[1826064.731730] usb 1-1.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[1826064.731741] usb 1-1.1: Product: Transit USB
[1826064.731750] usb 1-1.1: Manufacturer: M-Audio
[1826064.892027] usbcore: registered new interface driver snd-usb-audio

I've seen people post about this particular USB audio interface working with Mac OS 9 and even on the same machine that I have (G4 Mac Mini) and was hoping someone here could help me to get the device working properly.

Offline FBz

• Fury-Fungus FdB/FBz
Re: M-Audio Transit Mac OS 9 Drivers
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2021, 08:28:38 AM »
Don't know if this is in the Anthology but... try it?

Offline blinkfox

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2021, 03:59:47 PM »
Thanks, but sadly this did not help me.

There are very few installation steps and acording to the user manual all I needed to do was run the driver installer and reboot. I can confirm that all the extensions and the one control panel are indeed installed but when I connect the Transit via USB I always get an error message about the device not being recognized.

I did some investigative work and read that the Transit itself does not contain the firmware required for it's normal operations and it gets loaded in by the driver (one of the extensions is called "M-Audio Firmware").
The M-Audio Transit USB Settings Control Panel however displays both USB driver, and firmware version as <not available> — maybe indicating that the extensions are not being loaded (or recognized) properly.

I was hoping someone with a working M-Audio Transit running Mac OS 9.2.2 could share a screenshot of his M-Audio Transit USB Settings Control Panel to verify that he sees the USB driver and Fireware version numbers.
Also I'd be interested to know what version of the SoundManager extension is in use.

Offline FBz

• Fury-Fungus FdB/FBz
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2021, 06:56:28 PM »
You didn't first connect it to USB before installing the drivers?

Maybe I can get to this in the next day or so (as I've always intended to).
In the meantime, perhaps someone who has had success, may respond.

Have ya zapped the PRAM?

Offline IIO

• just a number
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2021, 06:00:00 AM »
i wonder why it is available in the soundmanager devices panel when the USB driver "could not be found".
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline blinkfox

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2021, 08:15:44 AM »
I've done some additional testing and it seems the M-Audio Transit audio interface shows up in SoundManager if the M-Audio SoundManager extensions is active. If I remove all the other M-Audio extensions and control panel I still see the M-Audio Transit device in the Sound Control Panel (whether or not the Transit is actually connected or not).

I think the root cause here is that the M-Audio USB driver is not being loaded, and therefore the Firmware Extensions is also not being loaded, so the device won't work.

If someone has a working M-Audio Transit USB device on Mac OS 9.2 I'd be very interested to see what USB related extensions are active on that system.

Thanks for all your help guys (and/or gals)

P.S. @FBz I tried zapping the PRAM but alas it had no effect (great suggestion though).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 10:31:43 AM by blinkfox »

Offline FBz

• Fury-Fungus FdB/FBz
Re: M-Audio Mac OS 9 Drivers
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2021, 01:07:34 PM »
Installed here with only a few “bumps”.

Check your M-Audio OS9 installer to see if it matches this:
(If not, can upload this version for you.)

It loaded these extensions and this control panel below:

Here’s the Control Panel:

I changed Sample Depth, Latency and Optimize settings every way possible and it still worked okay (when it worked). However, it didn’t seem to like rebooting after I had removed it to insert a USB stick to load & move all the above screenshots for this post. Reboots, cold boots and turning off the power to my powered speaker all seemed a bit senseless except for maybe the power speaker OFF and then back ON ritual. Anyway, I moved all the extensions “up” in their load sequence by adding a space before their names hoping this might remedy this weirdness and maybe it worked (to some degree).

Just seems a little wonky here. But when it loads and works, it’s great. (And I hadn’t yet trimmed the typical unnecessary control panels and extensions with Extension Manager as I always do.) Also, when it didn’t load after a reboot I got the same <Not Available> notations for Driver & Firmware in the Control Panel. I’d just shut it down completely and cold boot it.

Can hear a couple of clicks out of the speaker(s) when it’s going to load (and while it's loading) at startup.

You might delete all of the above files, reboot and rebuild your desktop… and then reboot & re-install again?
(With the Transit not connected.) Good Luck! ;)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 01:20:31 PM by FBz »

Offline FBz

• Fury-Fungus FdB/FBz
Re: M-Audio Transit etc.
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2021, 09:05:56 AM »
Changed Transit’s USB connection from port 2 to port 1 and now Transit loads first time, every time.

Also used a 3.25 inch tall (self-powered) CANZ “808” bluetooth speaker, direct-wire-connected to the Transit’s line out. CANZ also made a larger, 808 XL (7.5” x 3.5” ) that resembles a paint can w/ a wire handle - and it’ll shake your teeth loose (it has a BOOST switch). Both have internal rechargeable batteries.

Offline y_ito

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2022, 05:47:55 AM »
I have the same experience.
The Transit 1.5.3f1 driver downloaded from the m-audio site did not load the firmware.

It works with the M-Audio Firmware loader 1.0.7 included in MobilePre driver.

https://web.archive.org/web/20191011040726/http://akmedia.digidesign.com/support/compressed/MobilePre_USB_Installer_1_5_2f1_77194.sit

Offline blinkfox

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2023, 02:14:17 PM »
I have the same experience.
The Transit 1.5.3f1 driver downloaded from the m-audio site did not load the firmware.

It works with the M-Audio Firmware loader 1.0.7 included in MobilePre driver.

https://web.archive.org/web/20191011040726/http://akmedia.digidesign.com/support/compressed/MobilePre_USB_Installer_1_5_2f1_77194.sit

You are an absolute LEGEND!

Replacing the M-Audio Firmware loader extension with the one from the MobilePre finally brought my M-Audio Transit USB to life. Thank you so much <3

Offline smilesdavis

Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline forty-2

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2024, 11:53:14 AM »
I'm wondering if anyone's gotten either of these driver collections to work with a MIDISport Uno 1x1. It's not explicitly listed in either of the readme files or driver install messages, and I'm getting a similar error box as others have mentioned:
'Software Needed for the USB Device "USB Uno Midi Interface" is not available'

I noticed that the driver pulled from the 22MB sit file are in a folder labeled midisport uno are actually branded MIDIMan, but both that and the later M-audio one give me the same error. I have used this adapter successfully under OSX before.

EDIT - Thanks to this post, I've discovered that not all Midisport UNO adapters are created equal, and mine is the unsupported model.

cheers,
Paul
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 12:04:59 PM by forty-2 »