Author Topic: Start Mac from keyboard?  (Read 10709 times)

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Start Mac from keyboard?
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 06:49:32 AM »
Hmmm.. do 10 Mods to the MDD Power button board via a soldering gun, glue gun, wires and a doorbell and post full procedure with Pictures

I'm not crazy about the doorbell... HOWEVER... if we were to substitute a huge 'Knife Switch'... like what they use for electrocutions at the prison... NOW were talking'!!!! Hahaha! ;D

or buy a 23" cinema display for $75 bucks on craigslist to Power on that mac in the other room... damn, I just can't make up my mind  ???

Who ever thought that the beautiful 23" cinema display would some day be 'demoted' to a lowly 'on' switch!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: Start Mac from keyboard?
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 04:10:23 PM »
Of course! Leave it to the one and only DieHard! A glue gun! With a glue gun you can just hook the doorbell (hell, you don't even need it to be wireless - just a tiny little doorbell wire room to room) to a solenoid glued to the front of the MDD to push the power button. No mods to the computer at all!

If you don't have a glue gun, just open your top optical drive, pull the plug so it stays open and mount the solenoid to the tray. Perfect!

Six heads are thicker than oneā€¦