Author Topic: Waldorf Edition for os9 (attack, dpole, ppg wave 2.v)  (Read 16522 times)

supernova777

Re: Waldorf Edition for os9 (attack, dpole, ppg wave 2.v)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 07:06:22 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx98W-8GmGQ[/youtube]

supernova777

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 07:07:17 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izVH1CENIDs[/youtube]

supernova777

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 07:24:46 AM »
 8)
i never knew they updated this for X..
but the requirements say 10.3.9 plus on this package.

Offline xsys

• xsys means external system
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 11:26:15 AM »
I recently purchased Waldorf Edition 2 for Windows and OSX, but I didn't even know this was available for OS9. I contacted support recently, and they refused to provide an older version of the plugin for me. Is there any other way to get this?

I think it is extremely unfair that Waldorf not support a customer like this. Or, maybe I'm out-of-line with a request like that?

Offline Metrophage

• Veteran Member (100+ Posts)
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 07:28:18 PM »
I agree that getting old versions should be easier - especially if you bought the latest version.

My experience has been that the problem is mostly "copy protection" schemes. There are various tools to administrate them, and helping somebody with really old software can be a PITA for them. If you are a legit owner of that old version, they might feel obliged to help you despite the trouble. Otherwise, they find it worth their while to minimize those annoyances. For example, if you called Apple and tried to get them to help you with your Logic 6 XSkey authorizations, most of them would have no idea what you are talking about, or what to do. Even simply generating a new serial number for ancient software could be prohibitively difficult.

I have some legit OS 9 software that I spent a fair amount of money on, and when I've called the developers for help after 2010 I hear the wind go out of their sails. Many companies will try to help up to a point, but if they need an OS 9 machine themselves, or some ancient version of PACE or whatever, then they eventually withdraw support. Perhaps not because they want to, but because it is simply not practical.

So, the solution IMO is to avoid using "copy protection"! Then your software works forever, and serves as a testament to your awesomeness.

I have used the Waldorf Edition 1 on OS X, but not on OS 9. I paid Waldorf to upgrade from my OS 9 versions of PPG Wave, Attack, and D-Pole. They were only available separately back in the day (IIRC through Steinberg). These and Koblo Studio were my first real-time software instruments.

Semi OT: There is another little-known Waldorf VSTi - the Terratec Komplexer. Unfortunately only for Windoze, there was supposed to be a Mac version which never materialized. It's a decent synth, basically a native version of the Microwave. I still use it on my Linux setup.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member (500+ Posts)
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 10:51:38 AM »
The good news...

If you HATE copy protection, then OS9 is for you !

The PPG Wave, like many other VSIs under OS9 requires NO dongle, NO internet connection, NO challlenge/response code, just a Serial number and install !  Many CD images created my myself and Mactron are from the ORIGINAL MASTER CDs and contain the "overburn" info.  So if you burn them in toast, you get the extra blocks that verify the install and certify the CD as original.  if you then copy the CD on a PC, and try to install the copy, many, such as Cubase, will not work.  This is another "trick in the wall" found here at MacOS9Lives!

Offline teroyk

• Platinum Member (500+ Posts)
  • -
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 02:47:07 AM »
I recently purchased Waldorf Edition 2 for Windows and OSX, but I didn't even know this was available for OS9. I contacted support recently, and they refused to provide an older version of the plugin for me. Is there any other way to get this?
I think it is extremely unfair that Waldorf not support a customer like this. Or, maybe I'm out-of-line with a request like that?

I noticed your message little late, but when I contacted (over 10 years ago) they said reason. PPG wave 2.v OS9 version is made for distribute by Steinberg and Waldorf not allowed distribute it. I think Waldorf support older products little better than anothers, when they can.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 03:12:34 AM by teroyk »