Author Topic: Hi guys! From BT  (Read 23227 times)

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Hi guys! From BT
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 10:35:47 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/bt/photos/a.10151780158635095.1073741828.7470710094/10152440904765095/?type=1&theater
9-SEPTEMBER

I know more about this system at this point than Apple, Digidesign, Korg or well anyone honestly lol.

Got the Oasis and SampleCell II+ working today with Magma 13 slot. eSata of all my old songs, this system is insane. Can't wait to put this in the new studio.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

supernova777

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2014, 10:52:38 PM »
thats alot of pci slots
 :o :o :o

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2014, 11:25:28 PM »
I have one of those chassis for sale. Well, an older one, but still 13 slot. Buy ffs! ;)
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2014, 03:54:03 PM »
http://electronicopus.com/

An Electronic Symphonic album featuring the best music from world renowned multiple platinum artist, film composer & technologist... BT

WHAT IS ELECTRONIC OPUS?

Electronic Opus is a unique and immersive Electronic Symphonic album project featuring the most popular songs from the award winning, world renowned, multiple platinum artist, film composer and technologist BT.  BT is considered one of the people who transformed modern music forever and is widely acknowledged as the godfather of trance.

Start with the power and excitement of electronic dance music (EDM), blend in the emotional and classical tones of a symphony orchestra, and the result is Electronic Opus, a first-of-its-kind, high-energy album and live concert experience arriving in March 2015.

Produced by BT and the award-winning composer and Video Games Live creator Tommy Tallarico, Electronic Opus features BT’s signature EDM hits re-imagined, re-arranged and remixed with a full orchestra.

“This collaboration is an acoustical merging of tradition and technology, not simply symphonic versions of popular EDM songs,” says Tommy Tallarico, creative director and executive producer, Electronic Opus. “This ‘electronic symphonic’ collaboration reinvents what a 21st century symphonic experience can be: incredible high-energy, melodic electronic music from one of the top artists in the field blended with the artistic and cultural merits of a full symphony.”

“Whenever we would bring up this idea with record companies and executives, they would never take us seriously,” explains BT. “They don’t believe that people who listen to electronic music would fully appreciate the symphony experience and vice versa. With Electronic Opus we're looking to prove music lovers of all types will embrace this new form of orchestra experience. To make this dream a reality we need the help of our entire community.”
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/445474695/electronic-opus

WOW! Shark diving! LOL!
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2014, 04:32:41 PM »

i believe "shark diving with the artist™ kickstarter" has been patended by biogen and me in 2002, but we cvould not make any use of it since we are underground artists and therefore the minimum bid would be in the range of 2-4 billion USD.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2014, 05:33:50 PM »

i believe "shark diving with the artist™ kickstarter" has been patended by biogen and me in 2002, but we cvould not make any use of it since we are underground artists and therefore the minimum bid would be in the range of 2-4 billion USD.

I think something is loose on translation....  ???

I like BT music, but I would never swim in a pool/sea with sharks, even if I am been paid for...   :P  8)

But the Electronic Opus album is a great idea. Maybe some EDM fans did not have the choice of hearing a Full Orchestra plying some of his/her favorite tunes.

Good Luck Brian!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 05:51:23 PM by Protools5LEGuy »
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

supernova777

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2014, 03:10:25 PM »
I have one of those chassis for sale. Well, an older one, but still 13 slot. Buy ffs! ;)

whats the price?

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2014, 10:12:57 PM »
whats the price?

Make me an offer ;).

Im sure the shipping costs would be killer to the other side of the world, though.
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

supernova777

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2014, 05:22:57 AM »
i dont know the prices to make an offer.. i have very little info on this equipment..

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2014, 10:19:02 AM »

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2014, 11:09:08 PM »
I just bought a new 13 Channel PCI13-R chassis from Magma and was completely and totally unable to get my dual 1 to recognize this chassis.

Dealing with PCI Expansion Chassis Problems...
http://web.archive.org/web/20021218124252/http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn1135.html
When designing PCI cards, it's easy to overlook the fact that the card may be plugged into an expansion chassis. Therefore, it is possible for compatibility issues to arise if you do not allow for certain conditions. This note provides information on many of these conditions, and explains how you might avoid some problems.

A PCI expansion chassis can present several problems to the PCI card designer. Variations of interrupt latency, propagation delays, intercard compatibility, and other problems can be introduced by the sub-bridge architecture inherent to this design.

This note is directed at developers of PCI cards so that they will understand the compatibility issues that might arise if their product is used in a PCI expansion chassis. There are both hardware and software issues that need to be considered.

It worth looking for any chassis owner, having troubles or not...
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

supernova777

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 09:22:37 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFEq2RDVgSs[/youtube]

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2015, 06:28:39 PM »
SonikArchitects is busy
Final day of mixing Electronic Opus at Skywalker Sound! What an amazing experience this has been. Been using my Blue Microphones Mofi Headphones all week.

Can't wait for you guys to hear this
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2016, 08:11:06 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/bt/videos/10153639002535095/
OS9 time correction and Sound Design in full effect. I'd die without all these 90's plugins. Sound so modern it's crazy.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2016, 11:07:20 PM »
OS9 for me is the ultimately inspiring environment. Wether I am doing destructive editing in Logic, Thonking things, Chunk Mungering, Sonik Worx(ing) things, I am never bored.

I often think....
in the same way that ANALOG SYNTHS PEAKED
--prior to surface mounted (Circuit)boards -- before 1986) --
i think that COMPUTERS PEAKED
--in terms of an open ended ideology and aesthetic that encouraged and inspired Sound Design --
(in about 1995-1996).

this makes sense as that was the peak of patch editors + hardware integration + librarian apps.. each app had its own patch editor + librarian (copying the atari based apps which provided the same even earlier)
this is an interesting observation that corresponds to my own ascertations ;D  -afro-
(so this means, Cubase 3.0, Logic 3.0, Opcode Studio Vision 3.0, cakewalk pro audio 5.0, Pro Tools 4.0, etc) (funny that all the versions almost line up in around this time regarding version3.0 aswell!!!)
this would also mean System 7.5 + win3.1/win95 operating systems :o

Funnily many of my EDM friends and even fellow film composers that watch me work on my OS9 rigs start by scratching their heads saying "wow that looks old and cheesy" to "holy shit, I can't do any of that on my modern computers". This look happens over the course of about an hour. Then most go home and start putting together an OS9 rig. True Story.

Anyway, this place is awesome. Great to be here, thanks for having me.
_BT

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:49:31 PM by geforceg4 »