This is a long shot, but would any of you know which internal dual layer DVD burners are fully compatible with OS-9 and OS 10.4.11 in my Pismo PowerBook? I'm aware of the Fastmac drive but they won't answer my phone calls or emails and I don't dare purchase from a company that won't even respond before the sale. I realize that there isn't any dual layer burning software for OS-9 and I will burn dual layer DVDs in OS-X only. One issue I have with my Pismo's original internal DVD-ROM is that the final update to OS 10.4.11 broke Apple's DVD Player software and now it says the drive is unrecognized. If I roll back to a previous update the software still works. Ever since that final update I've had to boot into OS-9 to watch a DVD. Also I've never found any burner that's compatible with OS-9's version of iTunes, but that's not really a priority.
I produce the "Reluctant Radio" show using OS-9 software almost exclusively. The show is broadcast on at least 30 radio stations from NY to CA. We have at least 240 episodes and we've been on the air over 4 years now. We're a Christian rock show. The show is also available on iTunes if you search the podcasts for "Reluctant Radio". To Produce the show I use my Pismo PowerBook with Adobe Photoshop, AppleWorks, BBEdit, Digidesign ProTools, iTunes, Bias Peak, Roxio Jam, Roxio Toast, and probably some other software that I'm forgetting. Now that we have 240 episodes the .mp3 files should completely fill a dual layer DVD. This should make mailing the show a lot easier. Thanks so much for your help folks.
