Author Topic: Mactron's Rescue Boot CD  (Read 4619 times)

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
Mactron's Rescue Boot CD
« on: November 25, 2015, 01:07:03 AM »
I used for the first time Mactron's Restore & Rescue CD that he compiled.

http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=1657.0

I have to say that you did a perfect job and thank you so much to make that publicly available to us.

I'm having a hard time with that *new MDD 867 Dual to recognize all the 4 Protools  PCI cards I recently purchased but that's for another thread/post...

Back to Mactron's CD...

I used it to restore the OS 9.2.2 that is included to the system harddrive and it did the job in less than 5 minutes. It's so much more convenient to restore an image than to install fresh.
I also did an Techtool System Scan to check all components in that Mac.
Very nice...the CD includes maaaany Programs and Utilities.

But I'm having some questions
The .pkg named Programs are supposed to be opened while booted from the CD ?
I got an error message when I tried to open Classilla for example that said that it couldn't run with that OS version.
Are these packages(.pkg ?) meant to be dragged to the new restored system drive or should it be possible to run them all while be booted from CD?

*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Mactron's Rescue Boot CD
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 06:49:15 AM »

I have to say that you did a perfect job and thank you so much to make that publicly available to us.

I'll second that!!! I LOVE that 'Mactron's Restore & Rescue CD'... and MacTron/DieHard for making it available!!! ;D ;D

I was a bit confused with the 'package' thing too.

I was a little confused with the package thing also.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 09:38:00 AM »
Remember, the Mactron "LABS" products are a team of 16 technicians, there is no way one guy can be this talented, LOL

To the "Mactron" group, please post the pic of your "LAB Logo"  I can't find the post that had it

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 10:07:21 AM »
Mactron's Advanced Research Labs

M.A.R.L.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 10:31:59 AM »
But I'm having some questions
The .pkg named Programs are supposed to be opened while booted from the CD ?
Are these packages(.pkg ?) meant to be dragged to the new restored system drive or should it be possible to run them all while be booted from CD?
Seems that there is a little problem with the Disk format, It only mount as ISO (Joliet) and it should mount as NFS, that's why the .pkg don't work as expected, fortunately the main functionality seems to remains intact.

I got an error message when I tried to open Classilla for example that said that it couldn't run with that OS version.

I'll will check this issue too.

To the "Mactron" group, please post the pic of your "LAB Logo"  I can't find the post that had it

;D ;D ;D ;D
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 11:08:19 AM »
 ;D

Well, i have to admit i burned the downloaded toast straight on my powerbook under 10.5 with...disk utility!
Didn't even know it could burn the toast format...was very suprised.

Could it be that it got screwed because of that reason ?
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 11:57:43 AM »
;D

Well, i have to admit i burned the downloaded toast straight on my powerbook under 10.5 with...disk utility!
Didn't even know it could burn the toast format...was very suprised.

Could it be that it got screwed because of that reason ?

No, the download file seems to be damaged somehow ...

I'll make a new image file when I have some free time...
Please don't PM about things that are not private.