Author Topic: Pro Tools TDM Plug-ins hosted on Adrive....  (Read 9414 times)

Offline vectrex

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Pro Tools TDM Plug-ins hosted on Adrive....
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2020, 04:21:00 PM »
ok thanks.

is there a proper list via wayback or other sources of the TDM/RTAS catalog? I tried searching, but couldnt find the reference to the 'full list' on the old digidesign.com site.

I have this brochure from probably the year 2000 that lays out the TDM and RTAS plugins and compatibility of the time.
This might be common knowledge among seasoned users, but maybe it would be useful to see the chart. If there is interest, I can scan the brochure (includes writeups and b&w images of the interfaces). Just a thought..

Images attached, i know they are shit, just there to give you a sense of what i am talking about

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2020, 04:34:17 PM »

I have a mix system.

Check https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/os9-daw-software-kit-pro-tools-plugins-tdm-rtas-vst-audiosuite-mas and compare it with our Downloads in TDM section by now.

I am making the RTAS part, please revise TDM&Mix plugs
ok thanks.

is there a proper list via wayback or other sources of the TDM/RTAS catalog? I tried searching, but couldnt find the reference to the 'full list' on the old digidesign.com site.

LE
http://archive.digidesign.com/download/plugs/lemac.cfm
MIX
http://archive.digidesign.com/download/plugs/mixmac.cfm
HD
http://archive.digidesign.com/download/plugs/hdmac.cfm

Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2020, 04:50:06 PM »
I think I might have one of those guises stores away too. That’ll be good for reference. Check your PM vectrex.

Offline vectrex

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2020, 05:15:08 PM »
ok great!

Again, without any ignorance toward what already exists on the digidesign archive, here is a compatibility list (circa 2000?) that is easy to read and readily available for the next person that might be searching. Might be a few outliers of what we dont already have, but I think it accurately reflects what is currently in the download archive.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2020, 08:23:26 PM »
install one by one, try if it works. that is less than 2 hours work for the 100 PT plugs. i´ve done that with about 80,000 products.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2020, 08:30:12 PM »
what was the name of that weird standalone RTAS player host app? i think from gallery tools or antares?
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2020, 05:04:37 PM »
From my part I will try fo find&catalog EVERY RTAS plug/ and every AS I have at my disposal.

But the TDM/MIX stuff will have to be cataloged by someone else.

... 5.2.1LE breaks compatibility with plugs.

On a second stage I am willing to kill the myth about some stuff running on AM/III vs Digi 001 vs M-Box

On a third stage I will test on PT Free.

As always, there is more than one angle to attack this task.  I am liking the PT5 "Instant Plugs" approach more and more; that is, instead of making a post per plugin, per type (RTAS,TDM,AS) to download, we can appoint 3 or 4 members to pre-test and make a single SIT and BIN file for each major category with all working plugins.

So PT5 with do the definitive "Instant RTAS" installer for PT 5.2.1 LE" that will contain every working plugin in a single .SIT.BIN with a full listing of all the contained plugins with version numbers, and a short description their purpose, also any directions and notes. This will get posted as a single download board.  PT can also do the PT Free Mega bundle subset or maybe another member can do it ?

We will need a separate member to do this for TDM and another member for AS,
also, anyone that wants to do this for any other major category like a bundle that works with Logic, etc. would be great.

So guys, please decide who will do each, Syntho may be able to do this for earlier versions like PT3 or PT4

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2020, 05:34:56 PM »
The old, and I mean OLD plugins for PT can’t be tested as I don’t have a PTIII rig anymore. However some of them still work on Mix systems, some don’t. Vectrex is taking care of the TDM Mix side of things so we’ll see about the older stuff after the first batch of sorting is done.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2020, 05:53:59 PM »

As always, there is more than one angle to attack this task.  I am liking the PT5 "Instant Plugs" approach more and more; that is, instead of making a post per plugin, per type (RTAS,TDM,AS) to download, we can appoint 3 or 4 members to pre-test and make a single SIT and BIN file for each major category with all working plugins.

So PT5 with do the definitive "Instant RTAS" installer for PT 5.2.1 LE" that will contain every working plugin in a single .SIT.BIN with a full listing of all the contained plugins with version numbers, and a short description their purpose, also any directions and notes.

I made that post as a installer guide for new installation over Cubase Instant DAW. The guide covers LE 5.1.1 and 5.2.1 on DIGI 001 100%, probably covers AM3 and M-Box user and should be used as template for MIX/TDM and FREE users

PT can also do the PT Free Mega bundle subset or maybe another member can do it ?

Time will tell. By now very tired because of the 001 RTAS marathon. Seeing all this Goods and my stuff there is a lot of things to be tested on PT4-5.0.x that were kicked out on 5.1 I believe. TDM and MIX in 8.6 is the perfect environment for these Plugs and I can only thank developers (and crackers) for all the RTAS legacy

We will need a separate member to do this for TDM and another member for AS,
also, anyone that wants to do this for any other major category like a bundle that works with Logic, etc. would be great.

So guys, please decide who will do each, Syntho may be able to do this for earlier versions like PT3 or PT4
I have already "cleaned" your Cubase Instant DAW mega VST folder to work on LOGIC. It was also a big time kicking out plugs, so , in the near future, will make a post about what needs to be kicked to enjoy your Cubase VST folder on Logic.

That is another subject different than the AudioSuite folder that they can/should build for Logic + Digi hardware.

As you can see in my post a lot of RTAS plugs behave as AS too, so they could take my RTAS folder as starting point
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2020, 04:19:49 AM »
@Syntho can we put all we have collected to light? Cant remember if I sent you the 52RTAS, The Goods (Awesome MG) or my AM-3 curated RTAS

Sorry, missed this message until now. 'The Goods' is all that I got from you, I didn't know you even had those other archives. I uploaded The goods earlier, but combined with some additional TDM Mix sets that I acquired in the past and vectrex is sorting through them.

There are also at least two other archives that we need to sort through though. DH just uploaded a couple to Google Drive (I think they're 99% duplicates though), and the other humungous pack is posted at the garden located here: http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/ppc-audio-software-os7-osx58-some-68k-apps

Offline vectrex

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2020, 09:02:08 AM »
Finished basic sorting/organizing of the TDM+Mix Set 1 and TDM+Mix Set 2 (w/ sub folders ToSort 1-3). Is this 'the goods' folder I am working from Syntho?

Didn't touch non-mix, stuck to just those 2 folders, as instructed.

I have found it has been easiest to organize based on manufacturer using the chart I shared above and supplementing it with new/other manufacturers/plugs not on the list. We can separate things into 'genres' of FX later for the packs once it is all re-anthologized.

Sorting took a while, have yet to test. Will try today. Did basic sorting of presets in those TDM+ folders as well, will crosscheck with plugs in the dl section that didn't have presets included.

I grabbed those other shared bins of G Drive as well.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2020, 09:34:44 AM »
We need Adobe Premiere users. We need MOTU Digital Performer users also!

@part12studios @devilsadvisor

The Goods have a good amount of Motu Audio System (M.A.S. or MAS) plugs. Also Premiere plugins. There is a urban legend about mixing VST stuff with Premiere stuff that needs to be killed too.

About the presets folder...

This post Presets MegaPack. http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,5707.0.html

We have to test this also with the new plugs if we find different presets Generations . I think our presets are PT 4 age, and my PT 5 LE set of plugs never looks for the presets on its place... (?)

Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2020, 09:53:23 AM »

I have found it has been easiest to organize based on manufacturer using the chart I shared above and supplementing it with new/other manufacturers/plugs not on the list. We can separate things into 'genres' of FX later for the packs once it is all re-anthologized.

The manufacturers plugs should be united in a pack where possible. I mean, all Bomb Factory (1176+LA2A+Voce(Spin+Chorus VIb))+moogerfoger+SansAmp) can be packed, all GRM, all McDSP(Analog Channel+Filter Banks+CompressorBank+MC2000), all MOTU.

Also a Time+Pitch Expansion Compresion AudioSuite pack with all my working (Serato Pitch'nTime+MOTU+Speed by Wave Machanics+Pitch'nTime 2 Imaginary Gadgets+ Digidesign one) could come in handy.

And for sure TDM would say "What about this or that Time Compression AS plug?" All I mentioned WORKS on 001 and are the most modern versions I have found.

Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline vectrex

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2020, 10:49:58 AM »
Will do, there was some discussion about sorting methods regarding this, but I think we will verify all is in order first based on your suggestions.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2020, 03:58:30 PM »
Downloading "PPC-Audio software (OS7-OSX.5.8, some 68K apps" DVD from MG just because the Koblo, Alchemy, Ambisone, Antares AudioStream, shit.

Also has old friends from eMule age :

32 AudiosuitePluins(k).sit

56 AudiosuitePlugins(k).sit

Just to check all available versions of plugins. Maybe in a future a TDM user may need them sorted.

Also lot of cubase+logic+performer stuff there. Way too much for my eyes.

Would love to see what Syntho has that isn't in The Goods or this DVD
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2020, 04:02:51 PM »
Finished basic sorting/organizing of the TDM+Mix Set 1 and TDM+Mix Set 2 (w/ sub folders ToSort 1-3). Is this 'the goods' folder I am working from Syntho?

Mix Set 1 is ‘The Goods’. The Mix Set 2 with the 4 different archives in it are the ones I added. That’s what needs to be sorted most.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2020, 04:06:42 PM »
What worked for you in your RIG?

I guess a lot of TDM/MIX stuff aside what I mentioned on the 001 pack I consolidated.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2020, 04:08:15 PM »
Also Vectrex (and PTLE), those 4 folders in Mix Set 2 were all salvaged from working TDM systems. They were the Plugins folders pulled from the System folders of those Macs, so be aware that the plugins in all of those folders will have a mixture of TDM Mix, RTAS and AS.

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2020, 04:10:11 PM »
What worked for you in your RIG?

I guess a lot of TDM/MIX stuff aside what I mentioned on the 001 pack I consolidated.

If I have to be honest, I don’t even use plugins with the exception of sound replacer. I’m OTB nearly entirely  :) but I do know that just about everything I uploaded in my archives works on TDM Mix systems.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2020, 04:25:57 PM »
I know by other TDM users that Aphex Aural Exciter is awesome

Drawner

Apogee

Too much stuff to ignore, even OTB

I guess that this is a "LE" feeling. If I had them I will be using that and Beat Detective daily.

Looking for MacOS 9.2.4