Author Topic: OMS in Logic 5&6 shows MIDI only at the Sum Input, not in the 8 OMS Inputs  (Read 12312 times)

supernova777

By the way, a lot of those Logic files posted on this site are either the wrong files or they're corrupt. The 4.7 update is actually an EV88 thing. For some reason when enabler originally uploaded those files they all got corrupted somehow. But thanks to Macintosh Garden we've still got ourselves covered...

they arent all corrupted at all..  the files i have are fine!
which files are u referring to tho? on the ftp?
when he originally upped everything it was in a huge ZIP file i believe and thats what caused them to lose their creator/type codes
i fixed them by changing their creator/type codes back to that of a diskcopy img... (from the old version of disk copy not the 6.5b ver)
see my thread http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=1491.0

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
They're the ones posted in the DAW section. The huge zip file I have has the same problem. I believe you got Logic 4.7/4.8 from Macintosh Garden and those are working fine. It's the files on this site that are either the wrong ones or don't work.

supernova777

They're the ones posted in the DAW section. The huge zip file I have has the same problem. I believe you got Logic 4.7/4.8 from Macintosh Garden and those are working fine. It's the files on this site that are either the wrong ones or don't work.

u still have the original anthology zip he uploaded? i was looking for it just a second ago
what do u mean they dont work?
like i said putting the .img files inside the zip file just removed the creator/type codes resource fork
if u fix the creator/type codes then the .img files mount just fine
i just installed logic 5.5 from one of his files ..
i dont have the original zip anymore but i have the contents of the zip.. as far as i know

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
That's not the problem. Some of the files are actually not the file size they're supposed to be, they got cut off in an upload to an FTP somewhere. And the 4.7 update file is the completely wrong file, it's some EV88 file or something.

supernova777

evp88 is an instrument.. only for logic. electric piano

Offline coachla

• Veteran Member
Sum input only on 5&6....even on 9500 serial ports with or without OMS. By design. Workaround would be to bifurcate the data with transformers using CC markers to trigger filters...multiple ways to do it in the very rare case it was necessary. I've been using 4.7 (with a version 6 skin in the resources) simply for the lack of need for anything else. It does everything midi. For audio, then I might choose 5 or 6.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:19:31 AM by coachla »

supernova777

Re: OMS in Logic 5&6 shows MIDI only at the Sum Input, not in the 8 OMS Inputs
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2014, 02:27:21 AM »
this topic might be dead now but
are u guys sure this whole sum input thing wasnt a result of oms  never being updated when logic 5 + 6 were released??? because gibson had already been bought + shut down??

oms 2.3.8 was the last version ever.. and this version is from like 1999? or 2000?
im pretty sure?

just checked
according to macupdate
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/1565/open-music-system-oms
Open Music System (OMS). 2.3.8. Released 24-Nov-1998
thats before mac os 9 was even released.. by almost a full year

logic 5 wasnt even released untill december 2001
logic 6 wasnt released untill april 2003.. 4-5 years after he last oms update

nevermind all that..
thats even before logic 4 was even released...which was in august 1999

The software tools available in The Open Music System (OMS) manage the flow of MIDI information between applications and MIDI hardware. A typical MIDI studio contains multiple MIDI devices attached to one or more MIDI interfaces. Without OMS, each individual MIDI application must keep track of all interfaces, MIDI devices and data communication. With OMS, all applications simply use the central, standardized MIDI communication offered by OMS. This is the full version of OMS, which is significantly larger than the Lite version, but it does support more than the standard Mac interface. This version has drivers for the Studio 4, 5LX, 64X, and 64XTC interfaces.

hmm i never knew there was oms light version?