Author Topic: Mac Mini G4, FW audio interfaces, ASIO.  (Read 3821 times)

Offline teroyk

• Platinum Member
  • -
Re: Mac Mini G4, FW audio interfaces, ASIO.
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2023, 05:18:01 AM »
noobs like me can use 2 HU rack enclosures made of plastic, so that you can easily drill holes into it to mount the required sockets. the base for the sockets can be a 19" panel for neutrik oder midi connectors (aka 16 bigger wholes already in the panel - you can easily get anything smaller into that, too. i recently saw some for 3 euro per piece...)

a bit an issue is the DVI port, but i guess it´s doable.

DVI port is not issue. I have passive HDMI converter already with mini. I am thinking to buy active HDMI converter that can include audio to HDMI signal.

Offline ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2023, 10:57:44 AM »
Do you know if I can tell from a picture if a 2882 has the 2D upgrade install? Do the ADAT ports look different?

Look at the badge on the front panel. 2d upgraded units will have "2d Expanded" written just below "Metric Halo" on it.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2023, 05:07:25 PM »
DVI port is not issue.

to connect the DVI socket from a mini computer to the DVI socket of a a 19" case you would need a 5 centimeter long DVI cable. where can you buy this?
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline teroyk

• Platinum Member
  • -
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2023, 04:14:21 AM »
to connect the DVI socket from a mini computer to the DVI socket of a a 19" case you would need a 5 centimeter long DVI cable. where can you buy this?

Put passive HDMI converter (cost under 10 €/$) to DVI and you find HDMI-cables in any size.

Offline ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2023, 05:22:42 AM »
Original, non 2d upgraded units will regain full functionality in OS9, if flashed back to old firmware.
2d card equipped units will have only limited functionality in OS9.
2d card equipped units can not use old, OS9 compatible firmware.

Do you know if I can tell from a picture if a 2882 has the 2D upgrade install? Do the ADAT ports look different?

For those who might be interested in Metric Halo interfaces for OS9 - right now there are two 'legacy', OS9 compatible units on Reverb at very good prices.
One ULN-2 in Canada and one 2882 in UK.
If not the astronomic shipping prices to my location and taxes, I would have bought them both.
Don't miss out, those might be the last of the few untouched units remaining.

Disclaimer. I'm not connected in any way.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Offline shazbot

• new to the forums
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2024, 09:22:02 AM »
I've just setup a Mac Mini 1.25 (ssd upgrade) with Pro Tools 5.3.2 and and my Digi 002. Very tight and fast. No issue with audio or midi. Had one going last year with a Edirol firewire interface and also 828 mk1. Going stick with Pro Tools. Takes me back to 1998, very refreshing to have the old simple interface again. Cinema Display also - all.good.