Author Topic: Installing & booting OS9 from USB drives on 1.42GHz 2005 eMac?  (Read 347 times)

Offline psm

• Newcomer
Installing & booting OS9 from USB drives on 1.42GHz 2005 eMac?
« on: February 08, 2024, 07:36:27 PM »
Hey, I'm new to the OS9 community, I only recently got this eMac for free from my school. I have OSX Leopard running on it just fine, but I want to run OS9 on it too. Unfortunately I don't have sufficient space on the hard drive, as I want to keep my OSX install, and I also don't have any CDs to burn to. However, I do have a collection of USB sticks and drives, and I was wondering if it would be possible to boot OS9 off of those. I have seen several guides that look helpful online, but I have had no luck so far. I haven't seen any guides for my specific circumstance, they all seem to be focused on one oddity specifically (installing from USB or booting from USB or running on unsupported hardware), but none with all three together. I've tried the unsupported G4s image, but I couldn't get it to boot from Open Firmware, and I couldn't figure out how to properly image and patch the universal install image for unsupported hardware. Can anyone help me? Sorry for this amalgamation of compromises :P