Digital Audio Workstation & MIDI > Digital Audio Workstations & MIDI Applications

Need help picking OS 9 DAW

(1/4) > >>

LloydTalbot:
Hi everyone!

I'm new around here, but I've always loved OS 9. For years now I've tinkered with my iMac G3 (DV slot loading) and had fun doing so, but this last month my friend gave me his old Power Mac G4 MDD. I had found info here about that before and was really inspired by the idea of getting it running optimally and using it for things like music! I got 9.2.2 installed thanks to this forum, and now I want to find the right DAW to run that will be somewhat accessible to learn!

I usually in the past have worked with Ableton Live, but it seems the old OS 9 copies have a barrier to entry with finding serial numbers and the lot. If i could work around that, it'd be my first choice.

In the absence of that, what is the best and most functional DAW i could get started with on this forum!? I'd really be grateful for any help and advice, I'd love to be a more active member in this community !

Thanks!

smilesdavis:
logic

GaryN:

--- Quote from: LloydTalbot on January 12, 2023, 10:09:15 AM ---I usually in the past have worked with Ableton Live, but it seems the old OS 9 copies have a barrier to entry with finding serial numbers and the lot. If i could work around that, it'd be my first choice.

--- End quote ---
Well, today's your day. We have Ab Live and the serial too. Enjoy!
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,3198.0.html

LloydTalbot:

--- Quote from: GaryN on January 12, 2023, 02:32:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: LloydTalbot on January 12, 2023, 10:09:15 AM ---I usually in the past have worked with Ableton Live, but it seems the old OS 9 copies have a barrier to entry with finding serial numbers and the lot. If i could work around that, it'd be my first choice.

--- End quote ---
Well, today's your day. We have Ab Live and the serial too. Enjoy!
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,3198.0.html

--- End quote ---

This is amazing!

I can download and get it to run with the restrictions.

The main issue being it looks like that's the serial number for the operator plugin and not the main application, and once you enter a main serial number in it requires you to it gives you a challenge code and all this stuff that seems to not have conventional support anymore... IDK if anyone around has a solution for this or tried this. Otherwise I'm open to try logic or other stuff.

Very grateful for the help and advice, this stuff has me really excited!

LloydTalbot:

--- Quote from: smilesdavis on January 12, 2023, 12:18:06 PM ---logic

--- End quote ---

To run v5 or v6 do you need to find an XS key? I just need help figuring out how to get past some of those things, I am willing to buy a used copy of something if need be. Logic seems pretty friendly and I remember using an OS X version a long time ago when I was younger.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version