Author Topic: Looking to reinstall OS9Lives but hitting snags  (Read 21348 times)

Offline Steve_W

• Enthusiast Member
  • 88 MPH
    • UK Mac Files
Re: Looking to reinstall OS9Lives but hitting snags
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2016, 12:44:07 PM »
Being as it seems you are still struggling here I have a suggestion.  I can't this coming week as I'm tied up with other projects, but I have a 12 inch powerbook G4 which runs OS 9 just dandy, but it's not the DAW DieHard image.  I might make a video from absolute scratch explaining every single part in detail, including all the downloading, extracting, which software to use and how to do it.

Might take a few weeks though, maybe a month so don't hold your breath, but it might be something that helps others also in addition to the 2 vids that have already been put up.
Powermac MDD dual 1.25ghz (9.2.2/10.4.11)/Powermac MDD 867mhz (9.2.2)/12 inch Powerbook G4 (9.2.2)/15 inch Powerbook G4 (10.4.11)/Powermac G5 (10.7.5)

Offline part12studios

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2016, 02:39:09 PM »
I need to practice it a few times but yea i might see if i can do the same some time..  I feel like maybe some of the terminologies and processes are obvious once you've done it, but in some ways I was really unclear..  mostly me just being in a hurry and some steps being misunderstood. 

I may also see if I can do something similar as a video perhaps to just be my take on the process.  really what did it for me finally was getting the original universal 9.2.2 ISO (this is key, not bin) that definitely burned to a DVD..  from there things went way better..   but the bin / iso stuff never did work for me..

also with emphasis being on Toast being THE program to use if you have a mac..  this also was key to me having more success.. 

At this point I think i'm ok.. I just have to sit down and go over the DAW steps..  I'm curious about it, but more excited to get DP3 working with my studio setup since that's the DAW I wanted to get working..

I did get the MOTU 828 monitoring stuff worked out today which was the last big DAW issue.. it was a setting in DP3 that I had to mess with a bit to get it right..  super excited to start making some stuff happen with all this gear. 

Now for a sound check that involves three 48 point patch bays packed with ins/outs.. (144 jacks!) to test all the midi and audio in's and outs.. crazy what a craig's list addiction can do.  lol

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2016, 03:19:30 PM »

I did get the MOTU 828 monitoring stuff worked out today which was the last big DAW issue.. it was a setting in DP3 that I had to mess with a bit to get it right..  super excited to start making some stuff happen with all this gear. 

maybe u want to outline that info for the rest of us to profit from ;)
would be cool?

Offline part12studios

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2016, 03:35:25 PM »
absolutely.  let me get back down there and do some videos.  i'm not sure how many people want to do this setup but I'll be happy to help insure the next person has a smoother ride!  :)     

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2016, 03:41:44 PM »
absolutely.  let me get back down there and do some videos.  i'm not sure how many people want to do this setup but I'll be happy to help insure the next person has a smoother ride!  :)   

you might want to actually post it in the Digital performer section maybe?

Offline part12studios

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2016, 03:43:20 PM »
exactly when i put it together that's where i'll stash it :)