Author Topic: Will a Mackie UAD-1 PCI card work in a 7 slot DIGI Magma chasiss ?  (Read 9996 times)

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
Re: Will a Mackie UAD-1 PCI card work in a 7 slot DIGI Magma chasiss ?
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2017, 12:53:11 PM »

I was concerned about overloading my PCI buss in the G4 by adding UAD cards since my PT system is all in my magma chassis.

Yes that IS a concern! I'm not sure if it will cause PCI problems or not. I have been wondering about running 2 parallel chassis rigs... one with the 7 mix cards and a second with 4 UAD-1 cards!! Haha! ;D ;D

Ah yes... of coarse the first step will be just trying to integrate the card with PT using the earlier VST converter... if that even works!!! ;D

Or you could simply get a chassis with more slots in it

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2017, 12:59:12 PM »
For the 'Powered Plugins' you're going to need the 'RTAS Wrapper' for using on PT 5.1.3

I downloaded a 200 meg disc image form UAD that says UA-TDM-Install-v131.img for OS9 I would assume this has everything I need on it?

The thing about this file is it was in a separate column from the other software that was UA powered plugin specific, as if it was something different?

Did UAD make plugins that work with TDM OS9 that do not require an external interface such as the Mackie, but exist strictly as RTAS?

The plugins in the installer file are listed as .TFX

Did you try to get anything happening with this 'UA-TDM-Install-v131.img for OS9' file? Is this the one showing up as '.TFX'?... I believe that is Digidedesign's plugin settings file.

Yes this image file that I just burnt to disc has the TFX files on it. The disc is for both OS9 5.1.3 and I believe Mac OS supporting tools 6.1 TDM

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2017, 10:51:29 PM »
Crap!!!  I transplanted a working CD Rom drive from another G4 into this machine and it cant see it. I can manually put a disc in the drive by pressing the eject button on the unit and when I boot up the G4, the disc spins up and goes through a few speed up slow down iterations like OS9 is seeing it, but it doesn't. I cant eject the disc from OS9, toast cant see it nothing!  GRRRR

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2017, 11:28:47 PM »
Crap!!!  I transplanted a working CD Rom drive from another G4 into this machine and it cant see it. I can manually put a disc in the drive by pressing the eject button on the unit and when I boot up the G4, the disc spins up and goes through a few speed up slow down iterations like OS9 is seeing it, but it doesn't. I cant eject the disc from OS9, toast cant see it nothing!  GRRRR
The CD/DVD Driver was disabled in extensions

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 12:08:40 AM »
Got the CD rom working and I have great news and bad news

The good news is yes this disc image contains the installer for the authentic UAD TDM plugin bundle

1176LN - and the SE version
LA2A
Pultec
Channel Strip

Bad news is it can not connect to the correct pace website to download the installer, so you get continual warnings during the installation that says;

"required software extensions are missing" "click ok button and you will be transferred to the pace web site whee an installer can be downloaded"

When you click ok it takes you to www.paceap.com/ilwebdnld4.html and then says failed.

After checking around people say that UAD is of no help with this. I would absolutely be willing to pay them for this plug in bundle, but it sound like the same story I got from waves when I tried to pay them for an old OS9 compatible bundle, they have no means to even generate a key or whatever anymore for this product.  :-\

That leaves this installer in crack land. Anyone have any leads on this?????