General > Off Topic

What did you do with your PowerPC Mac today?

(1/22) > >>

Knezzen:
So what did you do today with your PowerPC Mac? Be it just fiddling with it, upgrading it or doing something creative with it.

I myself unplugged my MDD, took it to the kitchen table to give it a good clean and move some air flow obstructing cables around, and remove the internal speaker to perhaps create a new route for air flow through the case.

Having done all this and taken some pictures of it (see below), I plugged it in again and pressed the power button. The button lights up for as long as I keep my finger on it, but the machine wont boot. PMU reset button does nothing, so I guess the original since 2002 PMU battery finely kicked the bucket. Just ordered a new battery off eBay and it will arrive next week. So a week without my MDD (my main computer). Hope it goes well. End of rant ;)

devils_advisor:
Did you hook up a xskey to the internal usb port? Btw remove all the cards and reset the machine again, that helped me last time. The machine should work with or without battery.

Knezzen:
It's not an xskey but a Usb Bluetooth dongle. Will try more stuff when I get home. Going to Prague to drink beer over the weekend ;)

mrhappy:

--- Quote from: Knezzen on June 08, 2017, 10:53:27 PM --- Going to Prague to drink beer over the weekend ;)

--- End quote ---

A worthy endeavor!! The Czech 'Budweiser' is COMPLETELY different from the US stuff and Much better!! ;D ;D ;D

Knezzen:

--- Quote from: mrhappy on June 09, 2017, 06:56:13 AM ---A worthy endeavor!! The Czech 'Budweiser' is COMPLETELY different from the US stuff and Much better!! ;D ;D ;D

--- End quote ---

I have actually never tried any beer made in the US :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version