Author Topic: Brand new to site, need OS9 Image (one link found not working)  (Read 3342 times)

Offline part12studios

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
I have a G4 450mhz/706mb Sawtooth I recently got.  It has 2 HD.  20gb and 120gb.  both disks have OSX installed on them.  I want to go back to OS9 with no OSX because I'm running Digital Performer 3 on it and need OS9 to do so. 

My intent is to install OS9 on the 20gb and leave the 120 formatted for Digital Audio recordings. 

I found a "installing OS9 if you have OSX" under HELP and this link (350mb) says file is no longer here https://www.adrive.com/public/wA2Y6e/OS9General.dmg.bin

I imagine that image size is probably the actual OS9 version.  Can anyone point me to a working ISO image I can download to beginn.

Any tips / advise would be welcome as I haven't worked on an OS9 machine since 2001..    I have a modern i7 OSX Macbook Pro so I'm familiar with OSX in recent years. 

Thanks!
Caleb

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member

Offline part12studios

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Brand new to site, need OS9 Image (one link found not working)
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 10:59:28 AM »
@diehard awesome man thanks so much! 

Now I have an OS9  ho ho ho

=D

Caleb

Offline part12studios

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 05:09:35 PM »
I swear I'm not a total noob, but it seems like Windows 10 and OSX (el capitan) will not mount / burn the ISO image.  I have a usb external drive that is a DVD/CDR burner.  Samsung.  Is there something special about this ISO because it's OS9 that requires something special to burn? 

Thanks,
Caleb

Offline part12studios

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 05:18:07 PM »
OK so I figured it out..  I hadn't burned a CD in awhile and El Capitan did away with the traditional "burn" button.. so after some more googling you can right click on the image and there is a "burn" option right there.  so that worked out. 

I'm keeping the question and the answer for others who might think they know the right way to burn a CD these days and find it has changed as I did.