Author Topic: TC Works Spark 1.5  (Read 3675 times)

supernova777

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 06:59:05 PM by supernova777 »

supernova777

Re: TC Works Spark 1.5
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 02:03:43 AM »
TC's Spark is a Mac-only stereo editing package which also includes a comprehensive effects matrix that works with standard VST plug-ins. To run it, you'll need a 166MHz Power Mac 604 or better and you should be running Mac OS 8.1 or later. The majority of my testing was done using a modest beige 266MHz G3. Spark also has the ability to produce MP3-coded audio files, of which more later, though its normal currency is AIFF-, SDII- and WAV-format files. You can work at 24-bit, 96kHz if you want to, and there is provision to dither down to a lower resolution at the end of the processing chain.

Spark has no dongles or key disks. Instead, you install directly from CD and the software generates a unique 'challenge' based on your hardware. You can email or fax this challenge to TC Works and the code you get back authorises your machine. If you accidentally trash Spark, just reinstall it and enter your code again. However, if you need to move Spark to another computer, you'll need to call TC again to obtain a new code as this will be different for every computer. If you want to use Spark on different computers, then you could install it on an external drive and authorise that.

When you first install the software, it will run for 21 days without being authorised, so you don't have to worry about not being able to use Spark straight out of the box. The software can work with Apple Sound Manager (for playback but not recording) or it will record and play back via suitable ASIO or Direct I/O-compatible hardware. If your hardware isn't ASIO-compatible, you can still get it to work by selecting ASIO Sound Manager. I used Pro Tools hardware running under Direct I/O for my tests.