Author Topic: Pro Tools TDM Plug-ins hosted on Adrive....  (Read 9398 times)

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
Re: Pro Tools TDM Plug-ins hosted on Adrive....
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2020, 04:30:12 PM »
I have the outboard versions of Drawmer and Aphex gear, so no need to use plugins. For a person that doesn't though, yeah, there's some good stuff in there.

PS: That DVD from MG... holy shit. It's got so many random goodies in it. And older stuff I've seen people looking for forever.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2020, 04:42:12 PM »
 :'(

Real stuff never replaces virtual. But the electricity needed to have a cool studio running console + PREs + is prohibitive.

Even if I had board to MIX OTB I would use Drawner TDM on every return as a "Heat" summing box.

I guess what we end up loving Protools platform as a glorified multitrack recorder ITB or OTB
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2020, 04:58:32 PM »
I should know this by now but I don’t deal with files this large usually. I downloaded that DVD in OSX with no problems. Then I was trying to copy it to my old 9600 and it gives me a 309 error. Then I remembered that the file size limit in OS9 is 2gb. Does that mean I won’t be able to copy it and store it on an OS8/9 system? I could just break it up if I needed to and re-image it into smaller chunks.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2020, 08:13:56 PM »
Confirmed that this folder works flawlessly on Audiomedia III with Protools 5.1.1 LE

No need to reinstall, just drag and drop.

Just the Bomb Factory wont work on FREE, so after you download this folder delete BombFactory folder and you are finish.

Please TDM TEAM confirm if this folder works for you on drag and drop.

I tried to install Protools 5.0.1 LE but in my install didn't started the App getting hang.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2020, 10:32:43 PM »
Then I remembered that the file size limit in OS9 is 2gb.

2000 :)
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2020, 10:39:17 PM »

Real stuff never replaces virtual. But the electricity needed to have a cool studio running console + PREs + is prohibitive.

difficult comparison & in an ideal case you have both.

a first generation aphex exciter or a first generation SPL vitalizer (black) is 50$, uses 4 watts of power and works without computer or before A/D conversion.

with such prices and such power consumption values you can easily run 8 of them before you do 16 channels A/D.

i just bought 4 analog graphic EQs for 200 euro.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2020, 10:51:34 PM »

So PT5 with do the definitive "Instant RTAS"

exactly, for PT LE we could make an instant DAW installer for the mac mini. :)

an instant sounddiver installer would also be great, of course with thousands of patches for all the hardware synths ready in libraries.

Offline vectrex

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2020, 12:17:30 PM »
Hey everyone, just updating to say I am poking away at this, not as fast as PT5LEGuy :D but I will have some results soon as far as cross checking, I think there may be a lot of cross over with existing plugs that already work well, but at least with this 'fine tooth comb' method we can cross things off the list and rule out that we havent missed anything.

As an aside, I have been sorting on a TiBook using this, and have found it to be invaluable to transferring these large archives quickly over e-sata:

https://firmtek.stores.yahoo.net/sata1sm2.html

Going to the Tibook from OSX on a USB3/esata enclosure and then to my main rig using ESata to ESata using an external esata connector hooked up to a sonnet card in a MDD.

might seem obvious, but its worth the investment if anyone had ever considered it. I have the drivers for the PCMCIA card if anyone ever needs them.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2020, 03:54:07 PM »
what was the name of that weird standalone RTAS player host app? i think from gallery tools or antares?

reFuse or ugly?

That was about running VST on RTAS  IIRC

I am going to give you the prize for most offtopic in a row of the years.  A dedicated post.

So PT5 with do the definitive "Instant RTAS"

exactly, for PT LE we could make an instant DAW installer for the mac mini. :)

GOD !!! IT is just 2 steps!!!!

1 Install over your favorite Mac OS 9 distro (I choose Cubase Instant DAW) ProTools FREE http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,851.0.html 

2 Drag'n'drop over /Systemfolder/DAE/PlugIns the attachment of this post http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,5716.msg42587.html#msg42587

DONE

Hey everyone, just updating to say I am poking away at this, not as fast as PT5LEGuy :D but I will have some results soon as far as cross checking, I think there may be a lot of cross over with existing plugs that already work well, but at least with this 'fine tooth comb' method we can cross things off the list and rule out that we havent missed anything.

It may be.

The plugs that are optional install on 5.1.1 LE are mostly demos. From memory are> Chorus, Flanger, 2 delays and Focusrite d2 and d3 TDM demo(?) . When I tried to open protools with them installed my computer hangs, so maybe are TDM demos. Most D-FX (Digidesign internal) were free on 5.3 or 6..x.

Back in the day people could buy LE with Bomb Factory, but some/most were iLoked.

There are others digidesign plugs that I included a (k) version that worked with a serial. MP3 come to mind but there could be others.

On the Goods and that DVD from the garden are some plugs that include the installer + the (k) to use. What I included in my pack is just drag and drop. All resources are inside the plug.

Originals could:

Work only iLoked They are out of my study

Work in demo for 7 or 15 days Can be cleaned with MacTron Method

Need resources from somewhere out of Plugs folder

But mostly drop something on /System/Extensions that makes the plug itself no value without them.

I include here PlugSound, Waves and others that either need challenge/response or serial.

Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2020, 04:14:14 PM »
For sure an Original ProTools Instant DAW with original plugs without iLok is possible, but out of Free demos and D-Verb (In Floppy Disk) I have no originals to share. Maybe once the plug is authored it can be Drag'n'droped or they need added files, but if someone has lots of TDM 3.5 inches disks it worth to clone.

Years ago a TDM user showed us an method (Monte?) for systems with plugs authorized. But we ended talking about ancient methods of cloning diskettes with hardware on PC for Mac ???

Serial Reader and iSerial have lots of serials + method to patch Apps & plugs and should be considered a Bible for serials.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2020, 06:55:09 PM »
After everyone going through their archives recently, I realize that the problem is much bigger than I realized since PT stuff is only a small part of the puzzle. There's a goldmine of other software out there that I didn't even know I wanted after taking a look recently.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2020, 06:58:56 PM »

all RTAS are available as fullcrack.

the problem begins when you try to mix cracks, legit copies and demos on the same machine or run different versions of protools side by side. :)

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2020, 12:39:04 PM »
For sure an Original ProTools Instant DAW with original plugs without iLok is possible, but out of Free demos and D-Verb (In Floppy Disk) I have no originals to share. Maybe once the plug is authored it can be Drag'n'droped or they need added files, but if someone has lots of TDM 3.5 inches disks it worth to clone.

This would be an interesting way to approach it that may leave all authorizations working correctly...

1) Start with Diehard DAW
2) Install a specific version of ProTools
3) Extract PT5's Bundle (his hard work) into the Plugins folder
4) Work on the ones that are NOT cracks and authorize them via Floppy or Original overburn CD Media
5) Fill in rest with (K) versions
6) Test ALL
7) Create a New ASR version (this should preserve the authorizations from the floppys)

since IIO suggested a new ASR, I am hoping he has the time :)

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2020, 03:22:47 PM »
i see my responsibility more in an upgrade for the VST version ;)

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2020, 07:31:56 PM »

Years ago a TDM user showed us an method (Monte?) for systems with plugs authorized. But we ended talking about ancient methods of cloning diskettes with hardware on PC for Mac ???

That post http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,3007.0.html is now on ProTools if any user wants more info

This would be an interesting way to approach it that may leave all authorizations working correctly...

1) Start with Diehard DAW
2) Install a specific version of ProTools
3) Extract PT5's Bundle (his hard work) into the Plugins folder
4) Work on the ones that are NOT cracks and authorize them via Floppy or Original overburn CD Media
5) Fill in rest with (K) versions
6) Test ALL
7) Create a New ASR version (this should preserve the authorizations from the floppys)

since IIO suggested a new ASR, I am hoping he has the time :)

ASR is rocket science for us. Maybe DieHard can say how the west was won how he did Cubase Instant DAW . I guess is on script once you have ASR. But not sure if that script folder is included on ASR.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2020, 07:59:27 AM »
of course, if hardware bound copy protections causes trouble, one could combine 1 ASR install and 1 additional regular installers.

in my opinion ASR and "normal" installers/downloadable files will never replace each other, it is too different methods for different use cases.

unless we will one day make one which contains *ALL* software which was ever available for OS9. but even then an ASR installer is not what you need when parts of your install broke and you need to reinstall applications without deleting all your private files.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2020, 08:00:41 AM »
sometimes i think it would be nice to have symbolic links in OS9 so that you could offer drag installs that way.