Author Topic: Cakewalk Metro Version 5 (Created by Sagan)... Anyone ever try it...  (Read 2261 times)

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
OK, so this has been here for years...

http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,1777.0.html

I though it was just a sequencer, but apparently it can record MIDI and Audio and have them BOTH on the same edit screen... very interesting :)

Offline coca

• Newcomer
Re: Cakewalk Metro Version 5 (Created by Sagan)... Anyone ever try it...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 08:53:40 AM »
There are a handful of different versions of Cakewalk from this time period. Music Creator, Pro Audio, Home Studio, etc. Home Studio 2 was the very first DAW I ever used. To my knowledge, they're all capable of handling audio, MIDI, and virtual instruments & FX. Pro Audio seems to be the most feature rich version (lots of MIDI tweaking features that seem to be absent from other versions) and peaked in the Win 9x days. I wonder if there's an OS9 version?

Offline teroyk

• Platinum Member
  • -
Re: Cakewalk Metro Version 5 (Created by Sagan)... Anyone ever try it...
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 10:35:20 AM »
Whou..I always over looked Cakewalk Metro 5, so at last I tested for historic reason and I have to say, it is quite professional compared minimum system requirements. I think you can run it every Mac that can boot to Mac OS 9. It can use VST, Premier and Cakewalk fx plug-ins.

Some hints for testers:
- To set channel from MIDI to audio, choose port and then Edit port and choose Audio.
- If it says your HDD is too slow, restart your Mac.
- If internal Sound Manager driver (build-in) doesn't work, try ASIO Sound Manager driver.

And then some questions:
- RME ASIO driver v 2.21 doesn't work with it, because it is ASIO 2.0 only. Has somebody older ASIO 1.0 compatible RME driver?
- Is there more Cakewalk DAW versions or Cakewalk fx plug-ins released for Mac?
- Audio view of Grpahic Editor is good, but how to edit with it?