Author Topic: Help! Tried to install MAc OS 9.2 and deleted everything  (Read 3076 times)

Offline jules_the_dudess

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
Help! Tried to install MAc OS 9.2 and deleted everything
« on: June 26, 2016, 12:07:30 PM »
Hi folks,

I'm desperate. I tried to upgrade to Mac OS 9.2 (which I downloaded from here), however, everything just went blank and apparentlu deleted everything on my iBook clamshell.

HOw can I restore it? or if you have a link to download 9.1 again, that would be great.

All help much appreciated! Thanks!

Offline InsectorX

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Help! Tried to install MAc OS 9.2 and deleted everything
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 11:28:28 PM »
Hi folks,

I'm desperate. I tried to upgrade to Mac OS 9.2 (which I downloaded from here), however, everything just went blank and apparentlu deleted everything on my iBook clamshell.

HOw can I restore it? or if you have a link to download 9.1 again, that would be great.

All help much appreciated! Thanks!
Just a theory...   but...

I think that Techtool Pro 3 has an undelete/restore feature.  You'll have to burn a CD of it and then boot to the cd by holding down the "c" key while starting up the computer.  Check the macintosh garden for the download.

But make sure you stop using that computer (or at least that hard drive) until you start the undelete process.  Because, if you use the computer you may overwrite some of the previously deleted files.  So, it may already be too late if you've been messing with it.

Also, I'm not an expert, and I've never used Techtool Pro for this before. This is just where I would start to TRY to get my important files back.   If the computer won't boot, then you'll surely have to reinstall Mac OS 9.2 after you get your files.

Once again...  just a theory...
Power Macintosh 8600/300
w/ PowerLogix 350Mhz G3 upgrade
Running Mac OS 9.2.2  &  8.6