Author Topic: G'day folks :))  (Read 676 times)

Offline Ashlander

• Newcomer
G'day folks :))
« on: April 16, 2024, 08:54:59 AM »
Hey everyone! I'm a 26 year old Aussie musician who's been using Macs personally for I think around 14 years now with my first being a hand-me-down 2009 Core 2 Duo iMac from my dad (who's been an Apple head since before I was born.) It was slow as all hell, but I adored it. When I was a wee lad in 1999, one the first computers I ever used was my dad's Tangerine iMac and have loved that colour ever since.

I love all kinds of art whether it's music, games, movies, oil on canvas, etc. It's a subject I always love discussing especially with its role in politics and influence on culture. Ofc, I also like to have fun with it first and foremost.  ;D

My dream right now is to find a Tangerine iMac G3 to use OS 9 on and see if I can live a peaceful life with it writing music.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 09:26:06 AM by Ashlander »

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
Re: G'day folks :))
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 12:36:51 PM »
Welcome to Mac OS 9 Lives, Ashlander! :D
Great dream about the iMac. Those really are a thing of beauty.
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline Bolkonskij

• Gold Member
    • Cornica.org
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 12:48:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum Ashlander!  :)

I can relate - I also very much love the tangerine iMac G3 and its looks, always wanted one, couldn't afford it when it was new and never found one afterwards. :-)

So good luck with your dream :-)
Reel changer over at cornica.org

Offline Greystash

• Gold Member
  • Tinkerer
    • Mac-Classic.com
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 01:33:13 AM »
Welcome! I'm a big iMac lover too, if only you were New Zealand based because I have a few parts iMacs collecting dust!
Good luck finding one  :)