Author Topic: Looking for old 2cd sfx library called Earshot SFX  (Read 860 times)

Offline cyanidecup45

• Newcomer
Looking for old 2cd sfx library called Earshot SFX
« on: January 13, 2024, 01:44:07 PM »
Hello, apologies if this is the wrong thread to post in as I've never posted here before.
I am looking for a old SFX library from 1996 called Earshot SFX by DXM Productions.
The SFX library came on 2 discs with over 2000 sound effects (it came with a browser where you could extract 11khz, 22khz, and 44khz wav/aif files) and had categories ranging from: Alarms, Bells, Ambiences, Animals, Arcade Sounds, Beeps and Clicks, Household, etc.
I've done some more digging and turns out this library had a small selection of its samples placed in the old Macromedia SoundEdit 16 + DECK II CD. However, the full library has never appeared online.
This library is very interesting because through the tiny selection of SFX in the SoundEdit cd, I recognised some stuff used in Flash games and TV shows.
DXM Productions, the company that made the library I think doesn't exist anymore.
If there is anyway to find the full SFX library (can be bin/cue/img or pre-extracted) that would be great, as I've been looking for a long time now and no eBay auctions or any local listings have appeared.
Thank you.
cyanidecup45.

Offline aBc

• Veteran Member
  • FdB•FBz•aBc
Re: Looking for old 2cd sfx library called Earshot SFX
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 02:50:22 PM »
Sounds interesting. (No pun intended.)

WorldCat.org notes a 2 disc copy available for loan from UNSW Sydney Australia so maybe if you would ask forum members (or forums located in Australia or New Zealand) someone could borrow, copy and then post for all? [Sorry not more help I’m afraid.] OR email UNSW Library and ask for copy services maybe? ;)     https://www.library.unsw.edu.au/

Offline cyanidecup45

• Newcomer
Re: Looking for old 2cd sfx library called Earshot SFX
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2024, 02:53:19 PM »
Sounds interesting. (No pun intended.)

WorldCat.org notes a 2 disc copy available for loan from UNSW Sydney Australia so maybe if you would ask forum members (or forums located in Australia or New Zealand) someone could borrow, copy and then post for all? [Sorry not more help I’m afraid.] OR email UNSW Library and ask for copy services maybe? ;)

Oh wow, nice find! Sadly I don't know of anybody that lives in Australia that could get access to the library, and I don't live there aswell. I think you need to be a member there(?) to get access to the library, but other than that, it's nice an actual copy still exists somewhere.

Offline aBc

• Veteran Member
  • FdB•FBz•aBc
Re: Looking for Earshot SFX
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2024, 03:05:53 PM »
I've a friend in New Zealand that I may ask if he could do an inter-library loan from UNSW and if it's possible - that may take a little time. PM me your email address and if we have any success, I'll drop you a note. Might be sorta fun to have such a weird collection.

Offline cyanidecup45

• Newcomer
Re: Looking for Earshot SFX
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2024, 03:11:09 PM »
I've a friend in New Zealand that I may ask if he could do an inter-library loan from UNSW and if it's possible - that may take a little time. PM me your email address and if we have any success, I'll drop you a note. Might be sorta fun to have such a weird collection.
Gotcha! Sending you a PM now!  :)