Author Topic: waves native powerpack (1997)  (Read 3205 times)

supernova777

waves native powerpack (1997)
« on: July 31, 2014, 10:25:09 AM »
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1997_articles/jun97/wavesnative.html

I have been a fan of the Waves L1 Ultramaximizer mastering plug-in since I first heard it running as a Sound Forge plug-in on the PC in early 1996. Since then, I have been amazed at the way it has transformed my recordings, seemingly restoring much important detail that had become lost during the recording process. Subsequently, I have used the L1 on nearly every track I have mastered, and so I was very interested when I first heard about Waves' Native Power Pack, which bundles several plug-ins, including the L1 Ultramaximizer, the TrueVerb reverb, the C1 compressor/gate, the Q10 equaliser, the S1 Stereo Imager, the IDR (Increased Digital Resolution) dithering/noise shaping module and WaveConvert, a very capable stand-alone multimedia audio batch processor application. These Waves processors were originally developed as TDM plug-ins for Mac-based Digidesign Pro Tools HDR systems, and are worldwide industry standards in daily use by top audio recording facilities. In an extremely bold marketing move, Waves have released the Native Power Pack in Mac and PC versions, at the affordably low price of £499.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: waves native powerpack (1997)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 05:57:23 PM »
"restoring details" by using a brickwall limiter ... that author must have been deaf.
insert arbitrary signature here