Author Topic: HAY HAY HAY!  (Read 109491 times)

Offline chokobo

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
Re: HEY HEY HEY! Revenge of the Sixth
« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2015, 05:58:54 AM »

Tron--I find your lack of faith disturbing.

This is what happens on a vibrant forum when people ask questions that lead to things like this. I suggest that when you see things going a little off topic, but are still relevant to the people participating in the thread, that you just skim over it.

Clearly people are interested in what's been posted to this thread. It is by some metrics the second most popular thread on the forum. Is it really a big deal if there is a bit of OS X action going on? No it's not a big deal at all. It's all related to the central topic.

Getting your panties all bunched up doesn't do anyone a bit of good--in fact this kind of chest puffing frequently leads to emigration. Besides Tron, you'd probably benefit from the slightly off topic information in this thread. OS9 isn't an island, and OS X is the best way to support a 9 machine.  :-*

This is true even if you are an admin.  ;D

Chris, sorry I've not had time to check that file for you. I'll get to it when I have time. I've been actively playing around with iDrum. ;)

Chokobo could know if PT 5 TDM software can be fooled to work with LE setups with LE channel count.

LE, sorry I missed this previously. If you can get past the hardware check it might. But why would you want to run the TDM version? It wouldn't let you use TDM plugins because you wouldn't be able to instantiate them on the cards. Also, TDM systems are selling for dirt these days, so if you want to run a TDM plug in (like Indigo) just pick up a system. :)

The one app I would really like to see benefit from the removal of the hardware check would be Sound Designer. Oh to be able to use that app again.  ::)

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
Re: HAY HAY HAY!
« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2015, 07:34:45 AM »
Enough is enough.
Please don't PM about things that are not private.