Author Topic: Macos9Lives! New CEO in 2024... Long Live Knez  (Read 3287 times)

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Macos9Lives! New CEO in 2024... Long Live Knez
« on: February 23, 2024, 09:22:56 AM »
Looks like after 12 years, Diehard will be stepping down as CEO and passing the torch to Knez...

This will ensure all Mac OS9 stuff does not disappear off the web and will be integrated under single management including the Garden and our forum.

I personally feel that my OS 9 mission has been for-filled and that all our technical achievements (from so many core members) have guaranteed that Mac OS 9 will indeed continue to thrive in the legacy community and find fresh blood in a new generation of PPC enthusiasts.

The domain will remain, some data will get shifted around, but we are still here in 2024 !

- Diehard

Offline aBc

• Veteran Member
  • FdB•FBz•aBc
Re: Macos9Lives! New CEO in 2024
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 11:52:43 AM »
Not like this is any real surprise to those of us hanging ‘round here
for such a long time… but I like to think that DieHard can now
spend more time lounging around the pool, drinking mai tais
(with those cute little drink umbrellas).

Besides, Knez needs more things to do anyway
(like sending me an autographed picture of Mille Dinesen!). ;D

But seriously now, what better arrangement could there ever be?
Macintosh Garden and THE Mac OS 9 Lives Forum!
It just makes complete sense.

Hopefully, DieHard will still be around to offer his trademark
diplomatic input to those occasional warring factions - when
such friction might arise. (Nobody does it better.)
Undoubtedly, the site will still remain his first visit -
in the morning (with kaffe in hand).

Eighty-four years (in dog years) is a very long time to be
associated with & responsible for anything… and we have
DieHard to thank for his determined resolute commitment.

Hail to the Chief, indeed!

And now Knezzen… what’s up with your current avatar? ;)

Yeah, we're still here Steve Jobs.
To infinity and beyond!

« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 01:04:08 PM by aBc »

Offline Greystash

• Gold Member
  • Tinkerer
    • Mac-Classic.com
Re: Macos9Lives! New CEO in 2024... Long Live Knez
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 12:40:06 PM »
Thank you for everything DieHard! You've built an amazing and very special community, full of incredible resources and developments. It's bittersweet seeing you passing the torch but you're leaving it in great hands with Knezzen, and I hope we still see you around often.

All the best and thanks for building and keeping this community alive!

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 02:49:06 PM »
Well jeez DH… whaddaya gonna do for aggravation?

Seriously, you should be very proud of what you built here. If there was an award (a Macky? a Niney?) for keeping the Golden Era of Macintosh alive, you would certainly deserve it. I can only offer my sincere heartfelt gratitude and appreciation for all that you've done.

Live long and prosper, Captain.

Offline ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 07:53:54 PM »
I doesn'l like the sound of it, tbh.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2024, 11:38:59 PM »
And now Knezzen… what’s up with your current avatar? ;)

It's a frame from the video of Swedish Schlager-singer Carola Häggkvist performing the Swedish version of Toni Basils "Hey Mickey" from 1982  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHoufEo4Vio

And thank you DieHard for trusing me with the responsibility of moving Mac OS 9 Lives into the future!
And for those of you nervous with the new management, fear not! DieHard will stick around as a mod and the things that will change will change for the better (like moving downloads to the same host as the forum, thanks to the amazing Macintosh Garden infrastructure in the background).

For those that don't know who I am, I am one of the people behind Macintosh Garden and System 7 Today. I have been a regular here for the last 10-11 years or so and I am a very avid Mac OS 9 user, using it still more or less as my daily driver OS.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 02:49:44 AM by Knezzen »
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Online IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2024, 07:53:22 AM »

exactly - i was about to transfer the responsibility for apple.com, youtube.com and facebook.com to him as well.

plus somebody needs to do my dishes asap.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2024, 08:29:22 AM »

exactly - i was about to transfer the responsibility for apple.com, youtube.com and facebook.com to him as well.

plus somebody needs to do my dishes asap.

Haha, indeed. Well, it wont be ONLY me, we have the entirety of the Macintosh Garden crew and infrastructure behind us as well as all the dedicated mods here :)

All will be very well!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 01:18:09 AM by Knezzen »
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline Jubadub

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2024, 10:27:40 PM »
I really appreciate Mac OS 9 Lives! from the very beginning since I found it 7 years ago and still continue to, promoting it at every chance and singing praises about it and its many incredible members since.

Thanks DieHard for being among the many here that made this all possible. It is also a great relief to learn that, of all people, it is Knezzen who has been given the torch, that is really reassuring. And it is all the better to know that you will still hang around like usual, that too while still remaining a Mod. This is how all handovers should be!

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2024, 10:52:44 AM »
well i for one welcome the new alien overlords especially if they are vintage pro tools addicts like i am.
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2024, 10:18:29 PM »
I was wondering what's been going on with the site. I realized I had to take out the S in https (SSL) to get the site to work. I texted DH a few times over the last couple days and was kind of worried when I got no response. I guess he's taking a vacation now  -afro-

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2024, 07:23:54 AM »
Well, THANKS so much for all of your hard work, generosity, patience and kindness DieHard!!! I wish you the best in any future endeavors and hope we can meet in person some day! ;D On a positive note, It’s a big relief knowing you passed the “keys of the castle” along into the capable hands of Knez! That should help to wipe away some of the tears! :D :D

Xxxooo, MH

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2024, 09:12:04 AM »
I wish to thanks DieHard for being the main support and contributor of this great forum through all this years. I know that, despite the great moments, there is a continous background of heavy work.
You deserve a great rest and enjoy an easy "passive mode" ;D (as my self  ;)). Or at least a "less active" role...

Long life to "Mac Os 9 Lives" and good luck to Knez, who's abilities to take the torch have been proven enough all this years.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 01:19:07 PM by MacTron »
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline Jubadub

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2024, 10:51:35 PM »
I was wondering what's been going on with the site. I realized I had to take out the S in https (SSL) to get the site to work. I texted DH a few times over the last couple days and was kind of worried when I got no response. I guess he's taking a vacation now  -afro-

This happened with me, too, and confused me enough that I almost created threads in the Macintosh Garden, System7Today and MacRumors PPC to just ask if anyone knows what happened or if anyone else experienced the same. I even checked archive.org to see if it archived some of the many EXTREMELY VALUABLE wealth of information available here (fortunately, many pages are archived).

There must be some folks out there who also ran into this issue and possibly misconcluded Mac OS 9 Lives! is down, but that couldn't be any farther away from the truth!

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2024, 10:29:23 AM »
I'm around... no issues, just been busy with new cover band

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2024, 01:07:00 PM »
OK... progress in moving along, don't panic if you see "maintenance" mode and the forum down in the next few days

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2024, 01:10:48 PM »
OK... progress in moving along, don't panic if you see "maintenance" mode and the forum down in the next few days

Indeed! And everything might look a bit scary for a while when we move the site to the new host, the domain gets transferred etc.
Just hold your horses, all will be well :)

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2024, 09:02:54 AM »
Domain is transfered and all seems to be working. Might take a few hours still before all the DNS entries all over the world have updated, but all in all it seems to be working like it should.

Welcome back, folks! :)

Online IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2024, 10:11:19 AM »
so, all looks good from my noob account, too - thanks to everyone involved in all that hard work. :)
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2024, 10:19:00 AM »
so, all looks good from my noob account, too - thanks to everyone involved in all that hard work. :)

Thank YOU :)