Author Topic: Samplecell installer  (Read 2295 times)

Offline redstudio

• Enthusiast Member
Samplecell installer
« on: September 06, 2023, 04:28:16 AM »
I bought a samplecell for my Protools system. I downloaded the software from Garden , version 3 , but the installer requires an authorization.. does anyone use samplecell and have this software? very little news about this on the internet .. (use .. organization of sample banks etc ..

Offline rvense

• Veteran Member
  • Lombard & son
Re: Samplecell installer
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 09:03:22 AM »
I have had both Nubus and PCI SampleCells running without authorization disks of any sort. The installers have come from either here or the Macintosh Garden. I don't have direct links on hand, but the software is out there.

Offline redstudio

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 10:38:37 AM »
downloaded from garden once installed it asks me for an authorization or a 15 day demo use.. I don't understand how you can use it without software..it's not in Protools...

Offline rvense

• Veteran Member
  • Lombard & son
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 11:05:34 AM »
I must have used a different installer than you? I've had the editor working and also the TDM features, and I don't have any disks.

I might actually have used the installers from Digidesign's site: http://archive.digidesign.com/download/legacy/sc2mac/

Offline redstudio

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2023, 04:09:48 AM »
Thank you. I understood where I was wrong..there are two software versions, one is for hardware and the other is the software-only version (and it must be authorized, too bad..does anyone have the authorized disk image??). the hardware version works.. i haven't managed to route the audio outputs directly in protools yet.. the manual says it's possible but it refers me to another guide where, however, it doesn't mention how to do it. has anyone succeeded? did he see the audio outputs directly in protools? ( very handy to add efx ..

Online AtariMan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2023, 05:39:40 AM »
You need to copy this TDM file to the DAE folder and after that Pro Tools will see SC Plus 2. You also need to configure OMS for SampleCell to work. Good luck.
Pro Tools TDM 5.1.3
Emagic Logic Pro 6.4.1
Nuendo 1.6.1

Offline redstudio

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2023, 11:43:52 PM »
OK thank you. everything configured..OMS..I play it but to direct the analogue outputs to those of ProTools nothing.. does anyone do it? and if so how?

Online AtariMan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2023, 12:11:57 AM »
If you have a TDM module installed on your board, then you do not need to use the SC analog outputs. Pro Tools will record SC over the TDM bus. If you want to use SC analoguely, you can do it in Cubase without any problems. Cubase works fine with analogue SC, but cannot work in digital format because Cubase does not support TDM.
Pro Tools TDM 5.1.3
Emagic Logic Pro 6.4.1
Nuendo 1.6.1