Author Topic: Installing OS on Titanium 1GHz  (Read 3666 times)

Offline Frozen001

• Newcomer
Installing OS on Titanium 1GHz
« on: April 16, 2014, 06:59:47 PM »
I at one point has OS9 on my Titanium 1GHz, removed it an now I want to do a fresh clean install with just OS9.  Downloaded the toast image from the site for the Titanium (9.2.2), burned a CD on my MAC Pro.  The Titanium boots off the CD fine, I initialized the drive, but when I select install OS9, I get "Cannot install, please read documentation" or something like that.    Thoughts?

Offline Dane D.

• Enthusiast Member
Re: Installing OS on Titanium 1GHz
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 06:15:26 PM »
I believe you need the original install CDs. Apple shipped CDs specific to each model/cpu laptop. My guess is you to get your hands on the original CDs that shipped with that model.

I have a 667MHz model that is slowly dying, the screen is getting darker and the Brightness/Contrast controls do nothing but darken the screen. I have each setting Maxed out. Still in perfect condition, it just sat next to my BetterLight 4x5 Scanback camera controller box with a 19" LaCie monitor. Two batteries in 13 years, now I just keep it plugged into the wall.

Offline lokki

• Enthusiast Member
Re: Installing OS on Titanium 1GHz
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 12:57:09 AM »
i had the same problem. you have several options:

-boot from another mac with os9 and install the folders (system applications documents) via target disk mode to the titanium. (hold down t on startup until a firewire symbol appears on the screen, then simply connect the titanium to another mac via firewire. it appears there as an external drive)

-get an image that works, i took this one: http://inefficienciestoday.blogspot.ch/2011/04/download-restore-image-for-titanium.html

hope this helps.

MDD Dual @1.42Ghz, Powerbook TI @1Ghz